Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #1

2016 Furion issues

I have a 2016 19h and when we are using the DVD player on the Furion system and flush the toilet we will sometimes lose sound and the picture gets messed up, it only seems to do it when the DVD player is running not anything else. Then I simply just turn it off and on again and back to normal. Any suggestions?
Btw this running off a Yamaha 2000 geni haven't had a chance to try shore power yet...
Old 06-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #2

That's a strange one but certainly sounds like a power issue. Shore power would be the next test. Is the yamaha 2000 an inverter generator? If so, try it with econo on and off and see if the DVD acts differently between the two modes. Easy fix may be a surge protector for the DVD player.
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #3

Yes it's a inverter generator, I do believe we had it on the Eco setting, maybe I'll try that next.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #4

The only thing I could suggest is that running the water pump is causing interference with the system. The water pump could be making enough electrical noise to interfere with the player. Does opening a faucet and running the pump create the same interference?
Old 06-07-2016, 05:35 PM   #5

Yes sorry, it causes the interference when we run anything, I just used the toilet because it happened twice when someone happened to be using the toilet
Old 06-07-2016, 05:49 PM   #6

This is the first time I've heard of a water pump interfering with onboard electronics but it sounds completely plausible as a water pump is a 12VDC motor hooked up to a diaphragm pump. Either the motor is defective or the DVD player needs more RFI (radio frequency interference) filtering. Probably the easiest thing to do at this point would be to swap out the water pump (at the dealer's expense).
Old 06-08-2016, 07:26 PM   #7

I've got a '16 19H as well. And just this past weekend, I noticed that the water pump interfered with the TV, also. We were watching over the air broadcasting when I noticed it. But, just like you, if I turned it off and on, it worked fine. I was figuring that it could be bad connections causing RFI interference in the broadcast. But, if that was the case, once the pump shut off, the interference should stop, too. The picture remained pixelated until I "rebooted" the system.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2016, 04:29 AM   #8

That's exactly what mine is doing and I have to reboot also to correct. Like you said I figured if it was from interference from the pump it should go back to normal when the pump is off.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:03 AM   #9

My guess is that it's not interference, it's a power dip to the DVD player when the pump turns on, especially since you mention that the generator is running in eco mode. See if it still happens with the generator running in non-eco mode.
twoballscrewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:09 AM   #10

That doesn't help me. I was plugged in to shore power. 😒

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2016, 07:13 AM   #11

I'm just not sure how there could be a power dip when the Furion unit and the water pump work off the 12v system always, all the geni would be doing at that time is minding the inventor/batteries.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:20 AM   #12

Do a Google search on "dc motor noise" and you'll find more info than you care to know about. Sorry, I can't offer a resolution in this case but Jayco has to be familiar with this common problem. I'd suggest contacting them to see what they have to say. Either that or a local dealer repair department may be familiar with the problem.