Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2015, 03:05 PM   #1

2016 X17Z issues

Hello,

Wife and I bought our first TT a few months back and have already had it out 5 times. Before I get started, we love our x17z and it works perfect for our family. Through websites and friends I have always heard pretty good things about jayco. Now, we didn't drop $50,000 for a trailer and certainly don't expect it to be perfect but we have been surprised with some of the lack of workmanship. There are screw heads broken off, fresh water fill spout installed upside down, wood damaged and splintered, and clear stripping between camper and vinyl cracked from screw being driven in too hard - allowing water to seep in. This is our first camper and hybrid for that matter. Are these problems typical and I should just deal with them and make the fixes myself or should get it squared away under warranty? Anyone else come across similar issues?
chfaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:23 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new trailer! As with anything that is mass-produced there are bound to be issues such as this. While I think Jayco is one of the better built units they are not perfect. I would take advantage of the 2-year warranty as much as possible, especially if your dealer is not too far away. We've had a few issues with our unit which we bought new last March. Some of them I just fixed myself like the weak hinges at the head of the bed platform and stripped screws on the plumbing access panel. Others such as a small water leak and dead LED fixture I've left to the dealer under warranty.

In either case - you'll find a lot of helpful folks here and will learn a lot from them for those times that you will be fixing it yourself.....
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:48 PM   #3

Thanks. I typically enjoy working on things myself but being new to TT's and it having the warranty, taking it to the dealer for service is probably wise. Not idea to have little things wrong with it but comforting to know one is not alone. Like mentioned above, we love our camper and would only love it more if it didn't have the some issues.
chfaustin is offline   Reply With Quote