Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2015, 06:50 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetch View Post
Phew, yeah, big difference. After looking/researching so many options I clearly overlooked the details that would have solved the 'mystery'. Thanks again everyone for your sharp skills and knowledge of Jayco models!!

Now I look forward to being a part of the community Once we find one that will work for the family, is labeled correctly and be able to be towed with current vehicle (2014 Jeep Geand Cherokee Overland V8 5.7L HEMI).

The effort spent now will definitely pay off once we take one home.
Good luck with your search!
IMHO, you would do well to visit the scales and get your current weight. Comparing that to the Front/Rear GAWR for your vehicle will give you a much clearer picture than looking at the Max Towing numbers.
The difference between the Rear GAWR and the rear axle weight from the scale is how much cargo you can add to the rear which is where most of the tongue weight winds up. Divide that cargo number by 0.15 (15%) and you will have a decent idea of the MAXIMUM TT weight you can tow. In my experience you will overload the rear axle before you get to the Max Towing number.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Thanks for replying.....I new the Honda was going to be a bit of an issue but we love it as a city truck and all the other things it does really well, dogs, bikes, utility trailer, grandkids and drives like a Pilot etc plus we had a canopy installed....so it won out when it came time to pick a trailer, don't know if I will be saying that in a few months but we will see....got a headache listening to the WDH or no WDH issues on the Ridgeline forum already.

Thanks for answering back...talk soon!

Alan.
Alan,
We used a WDH with the Pilot with no issues.

Happy Camping!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #23

So many people with thoughts and input about trailers, towing etc which is really great...wonder what we used to do before the Internet?? Not worth thinking about.
Would not give the WDH a second thought had Honda not recommend it.....still on the fence, think I will give it a try for a couple of trips and see how it goes.

Thanks for the reply.
Alan.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote