Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #1

23b Slide broke :(

Hi All...i am new to this site!

I bought a 2006 23b last spring. We absolutely love it! last week when i was putting my slide in I heard a pop and then the sound of parts falling on the floor! When I looked under the couch i found a square brass nut and a metal bracket which seems like the brass nut sits inside.

I have looked thouroughly online for pics of how this assembly goes togethr to try and figure out how it came apart. I know that the rod from the motor threads onto the brass nut which brings the slide in and out. I am just not sure how the nut and bracket go together. It must fit somewhere under there to keep it staitionary.

any help would be greatly apreciated!

thanks!
Bomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #2

When I get home this evening I'll look at mine and get back with you. I'm a machine repair journeyman/machinist by trade.

Oh and welcome to the forum!!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #3

That would be great! I was going to take my couch of to get a better look at it. its hard to see under there with it being in the way.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #4

You won't see much taking the couch off because it's up under a plate regardless if you remove the couch you'll be either working with a mirror or standing on your head. The attached pictures were taken at arms length with the camera pointing up from rear to front, directly underneath and pointing up from front to rear. The nut is captured in a stamped steel housing and it appears that there is a spring clip that holds it in place but allows it to float a bit (picture 4). The stamping is held to the frame by 2) 1/4-20 bolts with nuts. You will probably have to feel around and use a mirror to find all the pieces parts that may be scattered on the floor under the base of the couch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide actuator 016.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	8149Click image for larger version

Name:	slide actuator 017.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	8150Click image for larger version

Name:	slide actuator 018.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	8151Click image for larger version

Name:	slide actuator 019.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	8152
Old 05-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #5

Oh wow. That's perfect. Looks like the steel housing is broke off the plate which bolts to the frame. I'll look again in the morning. Looks like an easy fix. Really appreciate the pics. On another note I put water in my holding tank tonight to flush the anti freeze out and my hot water tank has a pin hole in it around the pressure relief valve!! Must have not gotten enough antii freeze in the tank. Talk about bad luck! i could hear a hissing noise from under the couch! Sure enough a tiny stream of water was flowing out!

If I can take the hot water tank apart I can weld it. Just not completely sure how it comes apart. I don't want to pull the entire unit out of the trailer. Should be able to separate the tank from the burner and housing. I am a welder by trade and have access to aluminum tig welding gear so it should be ok.

It's always something!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #6

When you winterize your water heater you should close the cold inlet and hot outlet valve then open the bypass valve between them. Next you need to remove the drain plug (usually made of plastic/nylon) and open the hot water faucets to allow all the water to drain from the water heater tank. There's no need to put any antifreeze in the water heater.

Glad the pictures were helpful!!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #7

Success! Was an awfully awkward spot to get at! The bracket needed to be welded back together. Was only tacked in two small spots which broke clean off. I welded it up and re assembled the slide !

Oh and my hot water tank had a hairline crack around the weld on the outlet for the pressure relief valve. Instead of taking it all apart I tried JB Weld. It worked! Couldn't believe it held pressure even when heated!

Thanks agains for your help!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #8

help needed

I am new to this forum.same issue with my 25rks jay flight i need your help getting new acme repair nut repair kit installed.Need help with slide disassembling slide, please help!!
arman03 is offline   Reply With Quote