Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #1

23b Wheel options

Hello, I have a 2007 jayfeather 23b and recently upgraded my TV from the Honda Ridgeline to a Ford F150 Screw with the Ecoboost. And I had the problem with both TV's of scraping the drive even with my hitch in its lowest position. I am wondering what the wheel/ tire options are for this camper? Ideally I would like to go to a 14 or maybe a 15 if they fit. I also plan on buying a different shank for my hitch but I would like it off the ground a bit more. Thanks in advance for any replys.

Mark
Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #2

Nice choice on the TV You're gonna love it!

It would seem that your problem might be the degree of flatness between the street and your driveway and a larger tire might not remedy the situation.

I'm not sure if you will have wheelwell clearance if you go to 14's or 15's.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarmall View Post

It would seem that your problem might be the degree of flatness between the street and your driveway and a larger tire might not remedy the situation.

Pretty much the same setup as yourself with trailer and TV. So far I like the truck, kind of miss the milage of my Honda both when towing and not, but the power is AMAZING. Although I really didn't tow that far yet, maybe the Ford will be better on longer trips.
Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarmall View Post

I have a 2011 X23b and a 2011 F150 SCrew EcoBoost. I have some ideas that may help. If you have a weight distributing hitch, have you tried removing it before backing in? Removing it will lower the tongue, and raise the rear slightly. It might be just enough to give you the clearance you need.
RustyFairmount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #5

Another option is to lay boards across the drive so that the camper's wheels reach the boards just before the rear is about to hit. Just be sure to deactivate your brake controller before you back in. If you don't and you touch the brakes, you may cause the camper wheels to lock and slide the boards out of position should you need to pull forward again and make another swing at it. (This is what I need to do to get into my driveway without scraping.)
RustyFairmount is offline   Reply With Quote