Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2014, 10:47 AM   #21

It's not that much of a hassle for us as our kids sleep on that end. My two boys sleep in the bunk and my daughter sleeps on the dinette bed. She's around 4' tall, so there's plenty of room to enter and exit the bunk without having to step over. During the day, we put the table in the shower (it fits perfectly in there) and that gives more sitting/walking room. We pull the curtains and close the bunk off so the kids don't have to put away their stuffed animals!

The slide out it what makes this camper work. We looked at the X17Z when shopping and it was just too tight without the slide out.
bobbyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #22

Luckily I have plenty of truck, it is my back driveway that is the bottleneck. I would guess most trips would be 5 or less people, many only two or three with main goal of shelter and climate control for sleeping. The one the dealer ordered should be here Friday so I can take a look then. I guess with it being a newer model there have not been enough sold to generate a reasonable quantity of reviews. I look forward to any additional impressions here though.
Jayh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayh View Post
Luckily I have plenty of truck, it is my back driveway that is the bottleneck. I would guess most trips would be 5 or less people, many only two or three with main goal of shelter and climate control for sleeping. The one the dealer ordered should be here Friday so I can take a look then. I guess with it being a newer model there have not been enough sold to generate a reasonable quantity of reviews. I look forward to any additional impressions here though.
I pick my 2015 up saturday. Let me know if theres anything youd like me to check on for you
Old 07-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #24

Thank you!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
I pick my 2015 up saturday. Let me know if theres anything youd like me to check on for you
What did you end up paying?
Old 07-10-2014, 06:35 AM   #26

$15,500 +tax and title

I just paid for the wdh and brake controller outright
Old 07-10-2014, 07:17 AM   #27

If you are looking for more sleeping room. Why not the x18d. This has 3 pop outs that are basically queen beds. It will sleep 8 if you use the dining table.
jryz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #28

2014 19 xud

I purchased the 19xud in may 2014 and just got back from 8 days of camping. We really enjoyed it. We will be purchasing a honey wagon for the black water. I am 6 feet tall and did notice that i could not stretch out my legs without touching the sides. This is our second Jayco and we upgraded from a 1006. I have noticed that the fabric in the couch and bedding are not that great. Overall though we are very satisfied.
benwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #29

Thank you. I picked mine up last week and did a maiden two night trip this last weekend. The bed was just fine and very comfortable. I am in Texas and though the temperature reached 96 outside the camper stayed at around 72 degrees in sunlight with the upgraded air conditioner. (15,000 btu). I had to turn down the air at night. The slide is what makes this camper work great! Towing was at just over 10 mpg in "tow haul" although I got over 13 in regular drive. Will have to tinker with that a bit. 2012 z-71 Chevy with si speed and 5.3; 3.42 rear end with very slightly oversize tires. Tows great with no additional hitch accessories. Enjoyable so far!
Old 08-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #30

Anyone have an opinion on whether it would be ok to transport an empty tote on back bumper? They seem to not want any weight on it other than spare.

Thx
Old 11-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #31

Jay,

I installed a bolt-on hitch receiver (around $50 on Amazon) and put a cargo carrier on the back and I use it to carry our 27 gallon portable sewer tank during travel (empty). I have an Explorer, so I didn't want to carry the tank inside the car or the camper.Or if we are going to a site that has sewer, I carry my coleman roadtrip grill on the cargo carrier. I haven't had any issues with it yet.

Based on what I're read, you don't want to put too much weight as the leaf springs provide little shock absorption and can put a lot of stress at the point of connection at the bumper. Say like a rear bike rack. I was originally going to put on of those on ours, but after some internet reading, I decided against it.
bobbyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #32

This was just recently discussed here:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23403
AirLift 1000 Suspension
MrScary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ultra lite slx 19xud