Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2016, 10:04 PM   #1

Arrival & Departure (sequential) checklist

Hey everyone

Last year was out first year with out 2007 23b. For the most part things went smoothly but I'd like to streamline things even more.

Does anyone have a thorough checklist for what to do upon arrival and also for departure and in what order? I'm making my list but I don't want to forget anything.

The more detailed the better.
SomersIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:45 PM   #2

If you do a search you'll find a few lists but I do not have one for you. #1 is to level side to side and #2 is the most important ( CHOCK the WHEELS) because if you unhook it 2nd it just might roll and end up a disaster with you in the middle.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
If you do a search you'll find a few lists but I do not have one for you. #1 is to level side to side and #2 is the most important ( CHOCK the WHEELS) because if you unhook it 2nd it just might roll and end up a disaster with you in the middle.
Yep, did this years ago on our maiden voyage with our first RV. It was a pop up. We arrived at the site, leveled the pop up and then proceeded to crank the tongue up without the wheel chocks in place. As the ball decoupled the trailer rolled away from the tow vehicle until the safety chains stopped it. Fortunately the chains were still attached as there were people directly in the path over in the adjacent site. Lesson learned - don't disconnect safety chains until trailer is decoupled. Fortunately the trailer rolled away and not towards the tow vehicle. I've never forgotten to chock the wheels since.
Logan0171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:49 PM   #4

Leveling is a must nothing will substitute this. And nothing will sub chocking the wheels. After that it sort of falls into the hands of DW and what she needs.
rabalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:41 AM   #5

We recently purchased a 2011 x23b, and we're also looking for checklist ideas. We upgraded from a pop up. Initially our arrival and departure involved much miscommunication and frustration. It took years for us to develop a routine, but never a smooth one. We'd like to shorten the learning curve with the new TT.

I've searched the forum, and I'd appreciate anything that anyone would like to share (especially anyone with a hybrid).

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk