Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #1

Battery is dead

I am leaving for the beach tomorrow morning at 6. I have had my camper plugged in since Thursday to charge the battery and get the fridge cold. When I moved today to my house to pack up things the fridge would not cut on. I know the propane is on,the lines are bled,etc....but I pressed the controls to see if the battery was charged and it wouldn't even light up red. No lights will come on either. My question is...will the fridge run on the way to the beach using my tow vehicle battery?? I have 200bucks in groceries in there....thanks for the help!!
Ronnie2Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:48 AM   #2

If you have a 3-way fridge, yes....there are settings for 12VDC, propane and 120VAC. If you use 12VDC while travelling....just remember it will draw down your TT battery when the vehicle is shut-off.....and if your TV does not have a cut-off - it will draw down your TV battery as well.

You may have a bigger problem in that your battery is not charging (in less using the fridge on propane while not plugged in ran down your battery)
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #3

you either have a shorted battery or your charging system has failed. If your refrigerator got cold while you were plugged in to shore power, its a good chance that your battery failed or that the connections to the battery need cleaning. Get your battery checked and go from there!!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote