Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
Originally Posted by RustyFairmount View Post
This is a big deal to us. Our son woke us up at 0630 (a full hour earlier than on school days). Would using a tarp have the same effect? What is special about space-blanket material to justify that investment? Where do you buy that material?
I didn't buy the covers that I linked to, I made my own by purchasing space blankets from I think it was EMS sports. I taped them together and held them on with clothes pins. The space blankets reflected the sun and therefore the heat during the day, and they drastically reduced the condensation and that wet feeling at the bottom of the bunk. Finally, they blocked the light. I made mine with complete sides and was very glad that I did.

Karl - Southeast, NY
2011 Jayco Super Lite 30.5 BHLT
2003 Ford F250 Lariat 6.0 PowerStroke Turbo Diesel My mods Bathroom Door Water Filter TV mount Cork Board
Streamline your A/C
nylyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:07 AM   #12
We just came back from our maiden voyage with our 3 and 5 year olds. We have a 17z. We use a combination of blankets and sleeping bags and it was fine. We ran the furnace which helped. About falling out we just place a duffle or large bag at the end. Not an issue.

bertscampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #13
WE purchased the pop up gizmos and this does help with climate control and light through the top we also purchased their new liners which will block a lot of light but they are a hassle and with young children sleeping in the bunk ends I would not put those up fore their safety but what we have now done is purchase auto sunshades and zip them in between the window screen and these work great they also help with the temp and are much easier to set up and with these the kids won't be able to roll upon them etc and possible pull them down,etc. So our best combination so far is the pop up gizmo on the top outside and the sunshades in the 3 zipper sections.

2010 Jayco 23 B
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote