Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2017, 06:57 AM   #1

Brand new owner..with a leak..need help!!

This is my first camper, ever! I know nothing...i bought a used 2000 jayco kiwi..believe it's a 17a model but can't confirm as sticker is worn off, I requested a manual from Jayco to confirm..based off vin number, but no response yet....my problem is the tent ends are leaking..badly. I have water damage...i can see where some of the tent is not tucked into the white frame, where most areas are..would this be my problem? I also am not sure of what type of moldings it should have..as the queen end has 3 extra black rubbers and the other end has only one..not sure if previous owner added some to try and "help" the problem..or if the other end is missing some..!! Please help..im clue less about all of this and just want to resolve the problem, before it gets worse!! I would really appreciate if anyone else has the same style attachment..the tent between the white frames, if you could send some pictures of what everything should look like...please and thank you, in advance. I need all the help I can get!!!
Kchris05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #2

Some pictures from you would also be helpful especially the areas of separation. If it's already leaking badly (2000 jayco) your problems might be a lot more than just a gasket. Maybe you should take it to an RV dealer repair center near you and get their overall assessment of your unit.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #3

I have that model Kiwi; trading it for a new FW in August. The manual is pretty generic but you should be able to download it from Jayco's website. they only go back to 2013 but there's not much different:
https://www.jayco.com/owner/manuals/?year=2003&cat=0082

As far as roof leak on the tent ends; could it be runoff from unlevel roof? Worn canvas water proof? Hard to diagnose without pics. Sorry. You might try putting tarps over the ends until you get it figured out.
jonesykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:51 AM   #4

Should these areas be inside the white trims..like the rest of the canvas?. When we ran the hose, the water was coming in from the top ofnthe canvas..where it is open, just not sure if it's separated for a reason...or if that is the problem?
Attached Thumbnails
20170715_104208.jpg   20170715_104012.jpg  
Old 07-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #5

Jonesykay, Do you have any pics of the canvas going into the trim you could send? Also a picture of what moldings/gaskets you have running along the bottom of the canvas, where the Hinge is..?
Old 07-15-2017, 08:58 AM   #6

I don't believe it is the roof at all, only could get water to enter when spraying directly around canvas area...it runs in from the top..down the Hinge track and dumps right into the cabinetry and to the wall by the door....im ok with buying new canvas and installing it but want to know that's the problem...i think if I can fix it now, it stands a chance..it is in very good shape for the year..
Old 07-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #7

Kiwi in storage

My Kiwi is in storage and I'm leaving on vacation (not camping) tomorrow otherwise I'd run over there and open it up to take some pics for you; maybe this will help?Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	33157
jonesykay is offline   Reply With Quote