Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #11

I live in Canada and it is very rare to get a heat wave here, so I like the idea of wall mounted a/c, this way I can REMOVE IT and reduce wight for most of my trips, and add it back on the the week or two in the peak of summer.

Dream Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:27 AM   #12

How is the 16XRB ground clearance, is it is high enough off the ground for most campsites?

Do you guys find the end beds long enough to sleep comfortably?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Girl View Post
How is the 16XRB ground clearance, is it is high enough off the ground for most campsites?

Do you guys find the end beds long enough to sleep comfortably?
The KOA, Disney, and state park campsites have given me no problems in ground clearance. However, I have not taken my 16XRB out to any deep woods (or off a beaten path so to speak). Not sure what your intentions are in the way of camping (off road?), or how the campgrounds are set up in your neck of the woods.

I'm 6 feet tall; I fit fine in the end beds. I normally sleep with my legs slightly bent, but can stretch them straight in these side beds.

I'd recommend visiting a dealer that has one set up, and lie down in one to see if it's comfortable for you though.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
The KOA, Disney, and state park campsites have given me no problems in ground clearance. However, I have not taken my 16XRB out to any deep woods (or off a beaten path so to speak). Not sure what your intentions are in the way of camping (off road?), or how the campgrounds are set up in your neck of the woods.
No Off-road, just exiting driveways and some state parks

one of my friends has the sportsmen classic 16rbt and the ground clearance is horrible, he broke his sewer pipes 3 times because of poor ground clearance.

Quote:
I'm 6 feet tall; I fit fine in the end beds. I normally sleep with my legs slightly bent, but can stretch them straight in these side beds.

I'd recommend visiting a dealer that has one set up, and lie down in one to see if it's comfortable for you though.
I am also about 6 feet tall, so it is good to know that the beds working for you!
Old 07-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #15

ive had no problems at state parks or anywhere with hitting pipes and my drive way is pretty off camber. So much that my ramp trailer i use to haul my Rzr drags the back. heres my jeep with my 16xrb
14 SLX 16XRB
JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Girl View Post
I live in Canada and it is very rare to get a heat wave here, so I like the idea of wall mounted a/c, this way I can REMOVE IT and reduce wight for most of my trips, and add it back on the the week or two in the peak of summer.
You may want to check out a side mount A/C equipped 16XRB to see how easy (or not) it will be to remove/install at will.
They don't look as if they are set up for easy removal and install. Then there's the hole in the wall that will require a board, and sealant, as you would not want water or rain draining into the walls from the opening when that A/C unit is removed.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:32 AM   #17

Quote:
You may want to check out a side mount A/C equipped 16XRB to see how easy (or not) it will be to remove/install at will.
They don't look as if they are set up for easy removal and install. Then there's the hole in the wall that will require a board, and sealant, as you would not want water or rain draining into the walls from the opening when that A/C unit is removed.
I have ask my dealer service/parts department about this yesterday, and they told me that the side mount A/C can be easily slide in in out.

further more, they can install a frame around the hole that will be weather tight with a removable panel similar to a furnace service door so I can slide in and out the side mount A/C myself.

For illustration:

Old 07-17-2015, 04:07 AM   #18

There you go then!
Old 04-03-2016, 01:43 PM   #19

Smile 16xrb

Going on our first outing tomorrow with our new 16xrb
I'll let you know how it goes. Had a pop up before so I think we'll have enough room for the two of us and 2 small dogs.
PaisanPaul
paisanpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:46 PM   #20

Just got home, everything worked great no problems with anything,I'm not impressed with the awning, could be a little higher when fully opened, I'm 6'and can't walk under it without a getting a haircut, the ac vent is angled the wrong way, don't know who designed it, really cools off the micro wave, BUT as iI said everything worked fine, it's the perfect size for the 2 of us and 2 small dogs. I tow with a v6 ford flex a little underpowered on hills but I'm happy.
HOPE THIS HELPS

paisanpaul is offline   Reply With Quote