Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2016, 11:19 AM   #31

We've had our 16xrb for a year now and love it! My husband and I with our two dogs have done weekend trips plus a long vacation last summer to South Dakota for two weeks. We tow with a 2014 Toyota Tacoma. The 16xrb has much more storage space than our previous pop-up. I can fit two week's worth of meat in the freezer. To help with clutter, we have hanging hooks on the bathroom door for jackets, and a hanging shoe storage bag on the wall behind the toilet for all the shampoo, etc supplies. Strangely, the only minor problem I am still trying to figure out is what to do with all the shoes! They end up scattered all over the floor! Maybe this year I'll have an epiphany on what to do to keep them tidy!

BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #32

Well i played with the Awning adjustment this weekend, and it turns out i was already at the Max height. At its lowest point the awning arm is 6'1" off the ground on either side with a level driveway, i may have to rig up a cover for that low point to stop heads getting banged into it.

Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:57 PM   #33

Had my 16XRB for a year....

We enjoyed ours last year - haven't taken it out yet this year. That said, there are some things I wish were different.

I'm 5'8", and I'm glad I have a bunk all to myself, because I have to sleep at an angle to feel like I'm not leaning up against the canvas. (DD & friend get the other bunk)
I can't sit on the sofa comfortably - drives my back crazy. I wish I had a bigger sofa that could also be a bed.
I would love to have an oven.

I bought this one because I thought my Honda Odyssey could tow it, and although the weight is under the 3,500 lb limit for the Odyssey, the torque is not really a good fit. The van is only happy when we are on a flat road at 50 MPH, which does not work on the interstate going through the mountains. I'm renting a 3/4 ton truck for our next mountain trip.

Hope this helps!

--Sarah
Sarah94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:20 PM   #34

We just got our 2017 a few weeks ago and love it! It's a perfect fit for us and Barney, a 60 pound Plott hound mix. We tow with a 4.2L I6 Trailblazer rated for 4,000 pounds and it works fine in flat land with low rolling hills. Can't imagine a better trailer for us! : )
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:54 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm9301 View Post
Well i played with the Awning adjustment this weekend, and it turns out i was already at the Max height. At its lowest point the awning arm is 6'1" off the ground on either side with a level driveway, i may have to rig up a cover for that low point to stop heads getting banged into it.
Split a pool noodle and bungee it to the arm (bungee not shown here). $3 in material costs...

Bright yellow means you'll probably see it before you hit it.

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote