Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #1

Camping list/break down list

I was just wondering if anyone has "start up list" for a new unit owner? Planning on picking up my new unit Saturday. Also, does anyone have a check list for packing up the camper before leaving the campground? We have x23b unit.....Thank you!
Meadows11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #2

I don't have a list but suggest:
Lynx levelers
various electrical adapters (15 to 30A, 50 to 30A)
a better, longer sewer hose that the cheap one that comes with the camper
water pressure regulator
water filter
drill bit adapter for your stableizer jacks
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #3

When you get a chance, as your waiting for newer responses, do a search here at JOF for the topic. There have been many posts regarding check lists etc, etc over the past four years, but nothing that has been consolidated into one list yet
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #4

I have a personalized list of all the goodies that we will need on our trip. I print it out prior to the outing and do a walk through of the camper to make sure everything on the list is present and in proper working order. We don't really unload our TT except for perishables and clothing. I'll see if I can save it to a PDF and attach it later.

Update: tried to attach my pdf camping list but it exceeds the allowable file size limits. Send me a PM and I'll e-mail it to you.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #5

I have 3 lists. One with what to take(changes each time), and 2 with how to prepare the TT when you arrive and what to do when you leave. My TT is stored at a campground and is used by other members of our family from time to time. The last 2 list stay in the TT to assist my daugthers and their husbands in doing everything correctly.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #6

I just found a website with some basic items you may or may not need. Click here./ It's not a be all end all list but it should provide some guidance. You don't need EVERYTHING on the list.

A great suggestion is to camp in your driveway for a day. That way you will find out what you might need that you forgot to pack in the camper and since you're home, you just have to run inside to get it.

Buy doubles. Consider the camper your second home and leave the essentials in there. Don't bring your home bath towels, pots, pans, utensils, etc. into the camper. Buy new ones. If you try to use the same stuff in the camper that you use at home then you are destined for failure because you will forget someone.

Finally, you're going to have to go camping a few times to see what works for you. After 6 trips you may find something in your camper that you THOUGHT was essential but that you still haven't used it after 6 trips. These are things you're going to have to find out on your own.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #7

The Luray VA KOA has a short list posted on the way out of the campground.

1) Is your antenna down?
2) Are your steps folded up?
3) Did you remember your wife, kids, & dog?

John & Nancy
Jay Feather 25Z 2007
Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Triton 2008
TeamFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFoxy View Post
The Luray VA KOA has a short list posted on the way out of the campground.

1) Is your antenna down?
2) Are your steps folded up?
3) Did you remember your wife, kids, & dog?
Been there....seen that...hahaha
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
I have 3 lists. One with what to take(changes each time), and 2 with how to prepare the TT when you arrive and what to do when you leave. My TT is stored at a campground and is used by other members of our family from time to time. The last 2 list stay in the TT to assist my daugthers and their husbands in doing everything correctly.
Are you able to provide me with those lists?
Meadows11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows11 View Post
Are you able to provide me with those lists?
Sorry, but they are at the TT. I looked through my computer but was unable to find them. Like I said, mine stays there. I just drive off. If you are towing, I am sure the list would be very different. I also imagine that the type of RV would make a difference as well. What I suggest is when you arrive and set-up, have someone take notes of what you do. After setting up a few times, and getting the hang of it, set down with the list and put it into an order. Everything you do when you get there has to be undone, so the lists would be similar. For example, I turn my fridge off the night before leaving. I have to dry it and and clean it before I leave. If you tow, I suppose you could clean it out when you got home. I close the grey water tank the day before leaving. This way, I have plenty of water in there to rinse out the sewer hose after flushing the black tank. Most important though is to make sure all windows are closed, stabilizers are up, electric unplugged, and steps are up. I also lower the front end so that water runs off the roof rather than sits on the roof. Its not too hard, after a couple of times it will become routine.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote