Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #1

Cool Canvas Cleaning

hello, my first year with my 23b and was wondering what to use to clean the canvas ends ? Any information what be helpful.. Also was thinking of putting a maxx air II over my fantastic fan in bathroom. Was told that it would be ok.

thanks
mufasa
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #2

Hi Mufasa and welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum!

Not sure what you mean by canvas ends. Are you talking about the awning?

As for the Fantastic Fan and MaxxAir II... we installed the cover over both the bath and bed vent (of course Fantastic Fan is only in bath). We had the extra $$$ so paid to have it installed (I was lazy and Don, well... he was lazy too!). But no matter, it is nice as we can leave the vents open when traveling -and/or- in the rain. They work very well!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #3

Hello Mufasa; as to the canvas, assume you're talking about the canvas over the beds, i.e. same as with a pop-up, etc? If you are the way I use to treat mine was to clean them each spring at the beginning of camping season and when totally dry I sprayed Thompson's Water Seal on (other water seals would work). I used an automotive type spray gun hooked to an air compressor but you could simply paint it on with a wide brush. Let it dry for at least 6 hours before folding back in place.

If the above is what you're talking about I hope this helps. If not, well maybe someone else will have the answer.

Best of luck....
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #4

Site wouldn't let me edit my above comments but wanted to add I cleaned the canvas with a solution I bought from my local RV center. After cleaning I'd spray the water seal on, etc.

Sorry for the extra post but these things happen.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #5

No problem with the extra posts RR Conductor. The admin insists on setting the edits that way. This is the only forum I'm on that will not allow you to edit a post. I ususally don't discover my mistakes until I've posted a few hours ago.

Mufasa, I have the Max Air Covers on all our vents and roof fans. Protects unit from the rain and you can leave them open while raining for added coolness. We have a roof vent fan over the bed in our 5er. Sure is nice when it rains.

Jim
Priscilla, best friend & navigator.
Hank (5 year old black & tan Dachshund)
Cocoa (3 year old brown & tan dapple Dachshund)
2010 Fleetwood Excursion 30a
Toad is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X
(We traded in our F250 and Jayco Eagle)
One Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #6

*bopping my forehead with the heal of my hand* Sheeesh! Of course, the pull out. I was thinking hard sided tt! One thing to remember with the canvas though is to be deligent about letting the canvas dry completely before closing it up. If it rains when you are breaking down camp and heading out, just remember to open it up to let it fully dry later. We had a friend years ago who did an Oopsa and forgot about the wet canvas. That mold was relentless and hard to get rid of smell.

Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #7

Jayco 23B Manual

I also own a new 2010 Jayco 23B. I noticed several products for cleaning canvas are listed in the owners manual. One is Oxiclean. Do you have the manual? if not I can post the recommended cleaners.
Jayco 23B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco 23B View Post
I also own a new 2010 Jayco 23B. I noticed several products for cleaning canvas are listed in the owners manual. One is Oxiclean. Do you have the manual? if not I can post the recommended cleaners.
As a suggestion, if you don't mind, why don't you post that on the site in case others might like to read it?

Just a thought...
Old 06-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #9

hi, i don't have the manual so it would be nice if you would post those cleaners.
thanks

mufasa
Old 06-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #10

thanks for the info. I installed the Maxx Air II and so far ( knock on wood), no problems. i did noticed the the vent will not open all the way. still, it's good.

thanks
mufasa
Old 06-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #11

thanks RR Conductor for the advise on the Thompsons' water sealer. never thought of that. oh, don't worry bout editing anything. not a great typer myself.

thanks
mufasa
Old 05-15-2017, 10:59 AM   #12

2003 Jayco Kiwi 21C

I'm trying to figure out how to clean the inside of the canvas of the beds on our little Kiwi there are stains and dirt. Any help is greatly appreciated.
tlallen135 is offline   Reply With Quote