Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #1

Cleaning Canvas

New x18D here and been out once but boy does it already need a good cleaning. What do you use to clean the canvas on top of the bunks? Recommended approach? Seeing I cannot reach them when the interior pole is set, perhaps with the bars down I could get to them...... I know cleaning at CGs is usually frowned upon but if I clean the morning before I leave home, close them, be at CG is an hour or so then bump them out to dry it could work :-) Problem leaving them extended in the drive way is birds, leaves and berries, all 3 I will try to rectify by the spring (kidding about the birds)
Roosterfish09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #2

This is a good question.

When I had my PUP camper, I could slide the bunks in to get at the canvas better. But on the 23B hybrid it could be a different story. I'm 6'4" and maybe if I use a ladder, I may be able to reach them.

On my PUP, I used a mild detergent (DAWN) solution with a soft bristle brush and hose off. I would leave them open to air dry and would use towels to get any moisture that might still be on them.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #3

We just traded an '06 23b and if I say so myself, the canvas looked almost new. For me the key was prevention. I always used canvas covers when we camped. Not only did they protect the canvas but they greatly reduced the heat load from the sun. (I proved this to myself when I left on cover home for a trip and had one bunk end covered and one uncovered.

We got ours from popup gizmos (sp?) and would buy them again in a heartbeat if we had another hybrid.

Hector
hbravo is offline   Reply With Quote