Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #21

I like the tent ends X23B. It reminds me of camping as a child in the old pop-up. I liked waking up to a nice fall breeze through all of the screens.
My wife never camped until I introduced her to it. She was completely against tents, pop-ups and tent ends. We compromised and got a 184BH to start. When it was time to upgrade she still had no desire to try tent ends. So again we compromised and went with the X213. I will add that my two little guys love having the bunks because they each have their own little space.
Its all part of the fun. You look and look for that model and layout that matches your wants/needs and then you enjoy yourself while spending some great time with family/friends.
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:22 PM   #22

We had a PUP for 9 years. The last 2 years we wer a family of 5 and that 10' box was might crowded. When we got our PUP, I gave up camping in bear country because with little kids; it wasn't practical to keep all of our food in the vehicle or never make popcorn or a snack inside. And we had a toilet/shower so we're using shampoo, etc. inside to attract bears.

I missed camping in all the places with the 100' trees and bears. So when we needed to upgrade, I jumped at the X213. Hard sides so I can bear country camp, but still narrow enough without slides and short enough to be able to fit into non-parking lot camp sites without the trailer taking up every inch of space.

I can say that having tent camped for 15 years, then a PUP for 9 years, I do not miss tent ends at all. It is so nice to not be woken up by the neighbour's kids at 6am. And it's awesome to be able to stay up until 1am playing cards and yapping in the rain without keeping any other campers awake.

And the set up and take down is so much simpler than our PUP was. In 9 years it seems it rained almost every time we were packing up to go home. So when we got home, we always had to open it up again. I'm sure it was nowhere near every time, but enough to get grumbly about the extra work. We don't miss having to do that. Worst case now is that I left something we needed inside the couch, so I open our garage door, slide the slide into the garage, grab the forth laundry out from under the couch, slide the slide back in and shut the garage door. One person job and only takes a couple minutes.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #23

Just an update: we found a steal of a deal on a new 2015 x254. Had to drive a ways to get it, but the price was right. It's a little big for just the four of us (especially compared to the PUP) but it will grow with us and allow the kids to bring friends. SO excited for our upcoming Spring Break camping trip! Thanks for all the advice and comments.
memorris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:47 AM   #24

The X254 was my wife's favorite model but it was too heavy for our previous tow vehicle. Best of lick with it!
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:23 AM   #25

On the X254, is the king bed inside the trailer or does it slide out?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorris01 View Post
Just an update: we found a steal of a deal on a new 2015 x254. Had to drive a ways to get it, but the price was right. It's a little big for just the four of us (especially compared to the PUP) but it will grow with us and allow the kids to bring friends. SO excited for our upcoming Spring Break camping trip! Thanks for all the advice and comments.
Congrats, that is awesome! Post pics!
Old 03-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestoy7 View Post
On the X254, is the king bed inside the trailer or does it slide out?

Slides out the same as the X213.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestoy7 View Post
Congrats, that is awesome! Post pics!

And yes that!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:27 PM   #29

We were choosing from both models. I was for the x213 and the DW wanted the 23b. We chose the x213 for a couple reasons. 1. we could go out west without the restrictions of tent ends. 2. It is quieter for my kids and DW who are light sleepers.
cassmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:46 AM   #30

We've got the x23b now....

I could see ourselves moving up to a x254 in the future..

Need a bigger TV first.

My only concern is that I'll miss the slideout. That extra 18" makes a heck of a difference inside the x23B. :/
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #31

We have the X254 and love it! We have 4 kids so the quad bunks is wonderful! A side slide was something we originally wanted but do not feel the need for it in the X254. The U-shaped dinette the way it is faced makes it feel quite open and not cramped even with 6 of us in there.

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorris01 View Post
Congrats on your new camper, we also have the X254 and we love it. Enjoy making new memories with it!
JTVaclavik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x213 x23b upgradefrompup