Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #1

condensation problems...2012 x23b

camping in colder weather, get lots of condensation on insides of tents.to be expected,,,,but, after a rainy, cold weekend.there was a lot.wiped it down before closing up. opened after getting home 24 hours later and the boards in front of the ends,where you sit or crawl over to get into the beds,have blisters on them from the moisture.is this something that other owners have seen? should i be concerned? should i be contacting the dealer?any and all replies will be greatly appreciated.by the way ,purchased last august and used three times so far...thank you.....mike
msk565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #2

Welcome to the JOF, msk565. Sorry to hear of your condensation problem. Hang tough... someone with hybrid will chime in.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #3

Sorry for your problem. I have not had any water related damage in my htt. I use it all year long, but I also keep a window or two open so I don't get condensation.

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #4

I will usually try to keep a window slightly unzipped also. I have not had an issue with condensation.
mtbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #5

That must be the big thing. I've camped many a cold friggid nights in our old pop with heater running and never had a condensation issue, but I've always opened the roof vent and/or unzipped the windows in a couple spots.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #6

Having said all that was said about condensation, it seems a bit much to result in the buckling of the wood part of the climb over. I think I would check into that with the dealer if it was me. Hope it works itself out for you.
Phar0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #7

thanks everyone for the input.i am going to get in touch with dealer.after looking closer,i think the dampness was on the vinyl portion of the mattress,then when folded up for storage that part sits on the board and that is what caused it.i guess it is my fault,but you think it would not blister that quickly....mike
msk565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #8

Our 232 had the front bunk replaced after the first year and now all 3 bunks are showing signs of the moisture under the mattresses damage. We leave the ends open partially all the time when sleeping and even run the A/C when it's warm out. We always have wet mattresses in the area where the bunk hinge is. We have tried Reflectix both under the mattress and under the flap covering the hinge. We always make sure to dry the mattresses after camping and wipe down the bunk if there is standing moisture. I think it's either a design flaw or due to having the heated mattress option. Not sure but in a couple years we hope to get rid of the 232 and go to a Jay Flight.
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #9

We had the same problem and after some investigation we purchased the Popup Gizmos and have never had the problem again. The results were astounding and hard to believe. You can order them here: http://www.popupgizmos.com/
Good Luck and enjoy.
tnka trk is offline   Reply With Quote