Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13
Considering a Jayco Hybrid

Hi, I am not a Jayco owner but considering a 2017 16 xrb.
I currently own a 10 ft Aliner AFrame and want to move up to something with a few more amenities.
I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions you might have about your experiences in owning a Jayco product, especially 16 xrb owners.
I tow with a 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic with a 4.3 V6. Would also appreciate comments regarding whether my truck can comfortably handle the 16 xrb model.
Thanks for the help!
__________________

adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 2,878
We owned an X23B for a couple of years and loved it. We got it to see if we wanted to trailer in our retirement years knowing an upgrade was in the plan if we enjoyed it. We did and we did. I think a hybrid is a very clever compromise between space and towed length. We love the space etc of our 5er but still fondly talk about the HTT. Our 23B is a different model but the hybrid concept is excellent.
__________________

__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
We owned an X23B for a couple of years and loved it. We got it to see if we wanted to trailer in our retirement years knowing an upgrade was in the plan if we enjoyed it. We did and we did. I think a hybrid is a very clever compromise between space and towed length. We love the space etc of our 5er but still fondly talk about the HTT. Our 23B is a different model but the hybrid concept is excellent.


Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm really liking the 16 xrb.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
M&A
Senior Member
 
M&A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Orlando
Posts: 239
We love our '16 16XRB (owned for about 7 months) and have not regretted going the hybrid route. Seems to be the best of both worlds - solid shell with the "camping outdoors" feel. We travel with the two of us and two puppies. If there's anything specific you'd like to know, please ask.

Mike
M&A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Tunce the traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bellingham,Wa.
Posts: 4,366
I'm going into year #4 with my hybrid and we really like the concept of being able to expand it. What's really nice is driving an extra 16' but camping in a 21-22' with 2 bedrooms, not a bad deal is it and you can park it in any space you want. With the tent ends open your view goes on for ever in many locations.
__________________
2010 Jayco Hybrid EXP21M
2013 Toureg TDI
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Oviedo
Posts: 14
We had a 19" HTT and loved the fact that we could fit in many camping sites because of the size! There are even campgrounds where you can set up a small HTT where just tent camping is allowed (i.e. Disney's Ft Wilderness).
I also loved being able to hear the waves crashing when we camped by the beach.
DammitJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&A View Post
We love our '16 16XRB (owned for about 7 months) and have not regretted going the hybrid route. Seems to be the best of both worlds - solid shell with the "camping outdoors" feel. We travel with the two of us and two puppies. If there's anything specific you'd like to know, please ask.



Mike


Mike,
Thanks for the reply, sounds like you are enjoying the hybrid! Do you know if the 16 xrb offers a lift package? If I think of any other questions I'll let you know, thanks again! Jim


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
I'm going into year #4 with my hybrid and we really like the concept of being able to expand it. What's really nice is driving an extra 16' but camping in a 21-22' with 2 bedrooms, not a bad deal is it and you can park it in any space you want. With the tent ends open your view goes on for ever in many locations.


thanks for sharing your experience with the hybrid! It definitely helps with my decision.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
We had a 19" HTT and loved the fact that we could fit in many camping sites because of the size! There are even campgrounds where you can set up a small HTT where just tent camping is allowed (i.e. Disney's Ft Wilderness).
I also loved being able to hear the waves crashing when we camped by the beach.


hey, thanks for your comments, so what vehicle are you towing with?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:04 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
bubbette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Greensboro
Posts: 5
We have a 2015 16xrb and love it. Big upgrade from a pop up with much easier setup & takedown. Jayco upped the niceties on the newer versions...electric awning and bigger tanks, for instance. But that also cut down on their cargo-carrying weight. Happy with quality...only minor cosmetic issues at first. Our biggest issue is with the short queen beds...we thought queen meant actual queen. Will buy Jayco again.....looking to upgrade to a White Hawk with a Murphy bed and outdoor kitchen this summer.

Can't help with towing. We have more truck than trailer so it doesn't even know it's pulling anything.

Good luck!!!
__________________

__________________
2017 White Hawk 23MRB
2015 Ford F-150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
bubbette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hybrids 16 xrb

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.