Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #1

Dual Group 27's on an X19

The battery in my TV gave up the ghost so I pulled the dual purpose Group 24Interstate battery from my trailer and used it for the truck. So I went to Costco and picked up a Group 27 Deep cycle. I figured I would appreciate the extra Amp hours. It will fit in the tray in front of the Propane tanks (dual tanks) Has anyone mounted two of these on the tongue with good results? Not much room with the dual tanks...........

Matt
fjrdarksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #2

After many hours of pondering this option.........I'm not going to bother with attempting to squeeze two group 27 batteries up front....just not enough room. What I might do is set up some kind of heavy duty quick disconnect cable I can tie to the TV (without using the 7 pin) to pair the batteries together if needed.....perhaps even that isn't worth it.....
I also made the mistake of assuming my group 24 interstate unit was a dual purpose.....it's not....... pure deep cycle. Fits perfect in the TV though.
fjrdarksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #3

Matt - with the security of batteries becoming a issue these days you might want to consider doing somthing like this.

photo from google images...

This is a 48-inch metal truck bed side mount diamondplated tool box. This is just the perfect size for four each GC2s Golf Cart 6V batteries... Even just using two of these powerful batteries and the rest of the room for some outside tools is great as well.

If you have room on your tongue for one of the batteries then you can use this idea for a larger metal box going on the top of the tongue and extending over the edges.... Some trailer have the battery first on the tongue and the propane tanks next to the trailer wall. these are not impossible to move so you can have the battery box next to the trailer front wall.

This box is lockable and can house all of your battery switches and fuse blocks. You can gain access to the inside of the front storage compart by going thru the front wall with a PVC electrical junction box on both sides of the wall with a large hole drilled between them. These seal up great for weather and bugs. It looks very nice as well...

Something to consider. I have found you really need something close to 300AH if you want to successfully do some camping off the power gris and use an Inverter as well.

be glad to share info with you off line if you like via emails where I can send some better photos.
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote