Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2015, 07:16 AM   #11
An earlier comment mentioned J steel sofa. Perhaps your's is similar to our 23b unit. You mentioned shoe stowage.

When we replaced the vinyl floor in our main area I removed the fancy padded panel on the front of the sofa during installation for access. I didn't replace it right away. We found that it provides a great place to stick our shoes. That panel will never be re-installed while we own the trailer.

We rarely have hanging clothes. I've been using the huge carabiner (sp?) clips (often on sale at Harbor Freight) to hang our backpacks on the unused hanging rods. It keeps the backpacks high so the storage area underneath can be used for other things.

We also hung a canvas shoe holder in the small hallway. We use that to hold many things, not just shoes.

VicS1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:06 AM   #12
We hung a canvas shoe holder on the inside of the bathroom door. It's been super handy for storing toiletries, sun screen, sun glasses, band aids, anything that you want easy access to. It has about 25 deep pockets and nothing falls out. I cut out two of the pockets to allow better access to the inside door handle.

2010 Jayco 17Z
2007 Jeep Commander Overland 4x4 HEMI
go wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:22 AM   #13
I'm not sure this would fit behind the bathroom door, but it looks like it would add alot of valuable storage, if it did. (instead of the shoe holders)

2012 Jayco 17Z
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7
j_shoe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:18 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Alexanders2000 View Post
Thanks so much for all the replies!

We're taking a 3 week road trip with the trailer in the South East this summer, and I was *really* hoping to avoid moving things back and forth between TT and TV, but I've got some great ideas here... I just found an easy pop-up tent online that might be perfect for storage. We have a giant Thule topper for the Traverse, so I'm just trying to be careful with weight bc the Traverse is not exactly a work horse.

We are in Colorado and camp in the mountains most of the time, and we've got that part pretty much figured out because once you get set up, you're there for a while and can make anything work, but this road trip has me worried that we're going to get tired of moving things around so much from campground to campground...

Anyone have experience with packing up and moving frequently? our shortest stay is 2 nights, and our longest (in Panama City Beach, FL) will be a week.

Thanks everyone!!
If you are at all concerned about your weights visit a CAT Scale.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:52 PM   #15
Smile Thanks everyone!

Thanks for all the good info!! :-)

We actually ended up buying an older suburban and bigger trailer- 267bhsw. Our road trip was AWESOME! So glad we got the bigger trailer because it truly felt like home, and we didn't have to worry about moving things around when we loaded up.

However, I really appreciate all the great tips! I'm able to use most of the tips in our 267- I just love this forum!

Happy camping!

Alexanders2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

ideas, storage