Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #1

First weeked in 2006 23b

So I thought I would write this in case it helps others at all with their decision on purchasing a 23b. This is just my opinion so take it with a grain alof salt. My wife and I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and we recently sold a newer hardwall 28 ft with a big slide as we found we didn't use it enough to justify keeping it. We still wanted to camp but not as much as we thought we could or would. That lead us to purchasing the 23b. It cost about half of what we sold our old one for. I was a little hesitant going to a hybrid but have always kinda liked the idea. So we bought a well looked after used one. We just spent our first 3 nights in it and everything went well. Moisture was a concern of mine but we did what everyone suggested and it didn't seem to be an issue. There was a small spot under the front bed that was a little wet when we packed up. Temperature control was another concern. It was probably close to 77 midday and down to to 50 at night. We were always able to turn on the ac and make it cool enough for an afternoon nap and the furnace, blankets, and heated mattresses kept us warm at night. I had heard concerns about noise level. I can honestly say it was no worse than our old trailer. We stay in family friendly campgrounds so just the sound of kids playing. The outide storage is not very good. I ended up having to put more stuff in the back of the truck so not a huge deal. The inside storage is great in this rv. There is not a lot of counterspace though. Our kids get up really early so we put a TV on the end shelf to entertain them until they can go outside. We spent 3 nights and just stared to see the grey water get into the bathtub so I was surprised it made it that long. (Although no one showered). We were in need of a new bbq and the old owner gave us a rarely used rvq. It is not the most powerful bbq but it did the job for hot dogs, burgers and chicken. It was quite convienent too. Our old trailer had a power awning so I had to learn the manual way. Obviously takes longer but I practiced a few times while we were there and now it's a piece of cake. So those are just my opinions of the 23b so if you are considering buying I say go for it. We have no regrets. Thanks!
Kris14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #2

Congrats on your "new to you" htt. Enjoy!
Old 07-04-2016, 08:40 PM   #3

We have the same camper. Good bang for your buck
Old 07-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #4

I am not familiar with that year X23B, but my wife is very happy with the counter space our '13 X23B has. Matter of fact, it was the determining factor over the smaller X20B.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #5

We own a 2011 x23b and really like it. It is loaded up and ready to head for AK in 10 days. I removed the drawer under the dinning table bunk and put in a false front. I removed 2 small panels on the side of that area and that opened up a much larger area to store stuff using the outside cargo access doors.
We very seldom used that drawer anyway.
Bob
380 watts of solar
2013 1500 Silverado 5.3 4x4 ext cab
Equalizer hitch 1,000/10,000
Firestone Airlift airbags
geezerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #6

Nice report. Hybrids are not for everyone, but our X20E is the second one we've had in 13 years. The first was an '03 Jayco Kiwi 17a that we bought new and had for 10 years. We've been sleeping under canvas since 1985 and I can tell you that noise is far worse in tenting/pop-up areas than it is in areas that attract trailers. It's all about where you camp.

The X20E is the baby brother to your X23B. Two feet short, less pantry and closet space, but same general layout and the slide out couch. Our only real disappointments are no counter space at all, and no drawers. I solved that by putting some drawers in one of the pantry sections: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ect-21938.html
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:17 PM   #7

I'm going to mount the TV on the wall as soon as you enter on your left. That will free up that little bit of couter space for us.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:16 PM   #8

Congratulations! We had a 23b for 6 seasons. It was an awesome trailer.

Make sure you check the AC bolts yearly. They have been known to loosen up which can cause a roof leak. We never had a problem but even on trade, the dealer took down the cover to take a close look at the roof.
hbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris14 View Post
I'm going to mount the TV on the wall as soon as you enter on your left. That will free up that little bit of couter space for us.
Contact Jayco with your VIN...they can send you the plans that show the structure of that wall.

Our 2011 x23b including a wood panel in the wall at that location to mount a TV. But if your 2006 doesn't have that, you'll need to find a stud in order to hold the TV.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:59 PM   #10

Thanky for the info. I was thinking of pulling microwave out and putting a piece of 1/2 plywood there and screw the TV mount into that. I got the idea from a lady on YouTube who did that to her trailer. I'll only put it up when parked and take it down for travelling.