Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
Site Team
I often use the pump and onboard fresh water supply to flush my black tank if the dump station does not have a proper hose bibb. I hook the shower hose to the tank flusher.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
Fresh water or no fresh water???

I always fill the fresh water tank b4 a trip and dump it after. If I'm going to be at the campground more than a weekend, I dump it when I get there and refill it b4 I leave. That way it doesn't get stinky. I do this for a few reasons. To have water for bathroom while on road, to clean with when I get home, and to exercise the water pump regularly to ensure its always working. Like anything, if you never use it, it properly won't work when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #13
We always fill the tank before we leave the house for our trip to the campsite,water isn't always readily available at Canadian campgrounds at times. We don't drink any water from the tanks and although I'm sure the water at the campgrounds is fine it's nice to know for sure that the water in the tanks is good and what you are used to. I also find the extra tongue weight seems to agree with our hitch set up and the trailer tows better. Hope that helps.
Alex19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #14
We have never left home without some fresh water. We have a Well, because we live in the country. VERY GOOD WATER. No iron, sulfur etc. We take the fresh water for making coffee, Iced tea etc. But be careful, if you are attached to the city water at a campground already, and turn on the pup, can create too much pressure and blow a pipe fitting, etc.. Even the Dealer told me this. So when I want our water, I disconnect from the campground water long enough to pump a few gallons or so of our water, turn off the pump, and re-connect to campgrounds system. My friend bought a new High Wall, and I had aleady warned him about this, he forgot, and pump[ed from the tank, and blew a pipe, luckily, it wan under his camper or his weekend would have been over.

elc7593 is offline   Reply With Quote