Originally Posted by 3'senough
Bleach is also commoly used, but harsh on you and the surface.
Not to mention the copper electrical parts that bleach will turn green over time when used in an enclosed area.
White vinegar in a spray bottle is very effective at killing mold. It is much less aggressive than either bleach or peroxide. After completely removing our canvas ends, we used Simple Green (or maybe Dawn dish soap?) to clean the canvas and under side. We then treated with Scotchgard because we read somewhere that it can help restore the waterproofing in the canvas. I don't know if Scotchgard helps waterproofing, but it is easy to apply, not too expensive, and made us feel better. The 2001 canvas doesn't leak so maybe...