Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #1

Heated Mattresses/X23F TV Mount/Dinette Space ?'s

Hello. We're soon to be first-time Jayco owners. We've ordered a X23F and have a few ?'s for you seasoned Jayco owners...

1. I've read and heard conflicting things on the heated mattresses. Some say the heated ones aren't as comfortable as the regular mattresses- others say the new heated mattresses are now thicker. Which is right? Are they worth it? We still have time to switch. My initial thought was to go with the regular mattresses & get heated mattress pads in a store.

2. Have any of you gotten the factory tv/mount? Based on the position in pictures, it looks like a wall mount that could be seen from the dinette and the couch would be optimal. Have any of you done this, or is the factory supplied one good enough?

3. How many people can realistically sit at the X23F dinette? Have any of you ordered the table that is optional on the 18D (to be used for extra dining space- for those on the couch)?

Any thoughts, comments, ideas, etc. are greatly appreciated from this hybrid newbie.

Thank you so much in advance!

All the best-

Skyler
Skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #2

Skyler, I do not own factory heated mattresses. I thought about it. But at the cost I decided to buy my own and slip them on when I need them. It is a little more work, and you do have to find a place to store them when you’re not using them.

One thing I wish I knew about was the option for an electric heating element in the AC. I think I would have done that option.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #3

Jagiven - there is an electric heater option? Would save on propane. I had never heard of it. Is it a '13 option?
Equal-izer 6K
Campin' Muds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin' Muds View Post
Jagiven - there is an electric heater option? Would save on propane. I had never heard of it. Is it a '13 option?
The AC heater option does not depend on the size of the trailer, but on the air conditioner you have in the trailer. It is an option/add on for the Coleman AC units.

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Skyler, I do not own factory heated mattresses. I thought about it. But at the cost I decided to buy my own and slip them on when I need them. It is a little more work, and you do have to find a place to store them when you’re not using them.

One thing I wish I knew about was the option for an electric heating element in the AC. I think I would have done that option.

Is the AC a Coleman AC unit? If it is you can get the part and install it yourself, or have your dealer install it. I have love my AC/heat. Many people think they don't work, but they do.

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #6

It is a Coleman AC unit. I have not researched what it would take to add the heat option. I do have a small ceramic heater, which does an ok job heating the rig with the bunks folded down. I have used that small heater in a traditional TT and it does a great job keeping the unit warm.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #7

Heated Mattress Pads

I have a X23B, so I can't speak to items 2 and 3, but with respect to 1, I bought the heated mattress pads from the dealer and they are great. I camp in Ontario and it can get cold at night. However, all I do is turn the mattress pads to a low setting and everyone can sleep comfortably through the night without even turning on the propane furnace. I just put the pads on the stock Jayco mattresses. Simple, effective and cheap.

KillbearCamper
2010 X23B
Acura MDX w/Reese WDH
KillbearCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #8

Might you have any part numbers or brand name for the mattress pads?
ridge19h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #9

I'll check my invoice, but they don't have any clear branding on them. They seemed to be part of a larger package that Canadian dealers provide with Jayco trailers sold in Canada. It seemed to be packaged with the furnance. In any event, I will try to locate my original invoice, but I expect it will just say "2 heated mattress pads". If it helps, the dealer was Sicard RV in Ontario. (www.sicardrv.com)

KillbearCamper
KillbearCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
Hello. We're soon to be first-time Jayco owners. We've ordered a X23F and have a few ?'s for you seasoned Jayco owners...

1. I've read and heard conflicting things on the heated mattresses. Some say the heated ones aren't as comfortable as the regular mattresses- others say the new heated mattresses are now thicker. Which is right? Are they worth it? We still have time to switch. My initial thought was to go with the regular mattresses & get heated mattress pads in a store.

2. Have any of you gotten the factory tv/mount? Based on the position in pictures, it looks like a wall mount that could be seen from the dinette and the couch would be optimal. Have any of you done this, or is the factory supplied one good enough?

3. How many people can realistically sit at the X23F dinette? Have any of you ordered the table that is optional on the 18D (to be used for extra dining space- for those on the couch)?

Any thoughts, comments, ideas, etc. are greatly appreciated from this hybrid newbie.

Thank you so much in advance!

All the best-

Skyler

We have a x23f… We like it…. Cannot speak of the heated mattress we will just use a heated pad. The TV is on a swivel mount. Be very careful with it. Our coax broke off on the second trip because we tried to swing it to far I guess. I would replace the coax that comes out of the wall to the tv to a longer cable. Also make sure the dvd play works be for you leave the dealer! I did not, now we are running in to a head ache over it because the cable was cut behind the tv. I’m 5 8 200lbs and I fit fine in the dinette and the wife and my kids. So unless you are a BIG person you should be fine…..
There is a few hidden storage spaces that Jayco covered up with thin plywood. You can easily remove this and have yourself a little more storage space.
peach680 is offline   Reply With Quote