Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #1

how much is too much

Getting ready to head out today and the area we are going has been getting hammered by bad weather lately. How much wind and rain is too much for you to drive in? And do you set up if it is pouring down rain? Last time we went when it was raining we pulled into our site and waited until it stopped before I had to set up. I am fine just pulling in to the site hooking up the basics (water and electric), but I know my wife will want me to open the ends and set the beds up.

Either way I want to relax, if there is tornadic activity in Iowa I will not be relaxing...been through too many.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #2

It's too much when I can't reasonable control the rig anymore at a reasonable speed. Can't really put a specific MPH on the wind speed that would stop me, as it varies by condition (head wind, side wind, whether it's accompanied by driving rain...). If it's pouring out, we may back into the site and run into the camper, but we do wait until the rain subsides before opening the bunks.
kvangil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #3

When the weathers like that when I pull it in I do just what you do and I also put the slide out. When it's time for bed I put the mattress on the floor and get a good nights sleep. I have 2 command hooks in the shower stall to hang my wet shirt or jacket on for the night.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote