Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #1

How to repair rip in vinyl floor?

Hello,
We recently purchased a used 2010 Jay Feather Ultra Lite 19H Exp. We noticed a 1 inch tear in the vinyl floor, along with an indentation the size of a dime. It looks like something heavy was dropped and it ripped the floor. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can repair this? Thanks for your help!
FMallizzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #2

As a point of information, my 2001 Jayco vinyl flooring was loose layed. No glue was used at all. I think that is common for trailer floors. Aged loose layed flooring has a tendency to shift and shrink after cutting. That means cutting out a section and replacing may not work as well as it would on glued vinyl.

Then again, being that it is loose layed, it may allow you to slide some type of tape underneath to keep it in place. I don't know if heat melt carpet seam tape would work. It may need too much heat to activate than the vinyl can take.

Or perhaps a small area rug is in your future?

Sorry I can't offer more. Likely others will have better ideas. vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMallizzio View Post
Hello,
We recently purchased a used 2010 Jay Feather Ultra Lite 19H Exp. We noticed a 1 inch tear in the vinyl floor, along with an indentation the size of a dime. It looks like something heavy was dropped and it ripped the floor. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can repair this? Thanks for your help!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #3

I've had luck (not in a camper) with a blow dryer, super glue, and a finish claw hammer.

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #4

I had same problem on my Sundowner Horse Trailer when my daughter dropped a knife off the counter. I first cleaned area with laquer thinner and dried it with blow dryer. I then added seam sealer to the cut ( bought at an Ace Hardware or try a flooring product store). I used a utility knife to bring the cut together because there was a bit of a gap. I added more seaker as needed and used a hair dryer on sealer as I went to assist in drying. The tear was virtually invisible when I was done.

1983 Jayco 1006 Pop-up (antique status :hihi:)
2006 Jayco Jay Feather EXP Baja25k
2001 Sundowner 40' Horse Trailer
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew DRW 4x4
vaskohop is offline   Reply With Quote