Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #1

If you could change one thing in your hybrid;

What would it be?

For me, maybe adding a small oven.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #2

I would have more than one 110V circuit inside the trailer. If I run one electric space heater and anything else, the breaker trips.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #3

I would get rid of the oven. Also split the outlets between two breakers or put the fridge on its own breaker. perhaps a larger capacity hot water heater.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdanmc View Post
I would get rid of the oven. Also split the outlets between two breakers or put the fridge on its own breaker. perhaps a larger capacity hot water heater.
You mean like this?
I took the stove out and just moved the Micro wave in its place,it was a perfect fit. Made a cutting board for the countertop opening and put a door where the Micro was and it dubbled my upper storage space. I have a butane portable stove that I sit on top when needed or just carry it outside when I cook. Most of the time I cook outside and with the fire pit it's all I need.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #5

Thicker mattresses. The stock mattress is fine for my petite wife and daughters but I totally bottom it out.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #6

Thermostatically controlled air conditioner
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #7

Yes Tunce the Traveler - I would absolutely love to do that! Very clean and tidy looking. Did you just cap off the propane lines that were there? We only use our propane camping stove or the RVQUE.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Yes Tunce the Traveler - I would absolutely love to do that! Very clean and tidy looking. Did you just cap off the propane lines that were there? We only use our propane camping stove or the RVQUE.
Yes, just cap it off, test it for leaks and your safe. I pulled the electric down and put a new box in behind the wave for power.
When you look at the wave you see a large grille on top and the small or narrow one on the bottom, Well I switched them out to keep the wave as high as possible under my new cutting board. I shimmed it up about 2" from the base of the cabinet.
I should have done this mod over a year a go because it makes it so much easer to use and the extra counter top space is great. The top cabinet space is huge now. I found and old cabinet door at the local ReStore and removed the center panel and installed ribbed glass to match the glass on the other side of the trailer. Sanded and stained the door and got the same hinges at Lowes. Got the plungers to hold up the door at the RV store and you do need them on either side. If you need another pic. or 2 just let me know.
If you can't find the hinges just let me know because I have an RV store about 2 miles from my house and I think they were about $10.00, looked all over the place and they ended up being just down the street. I know the exact size you need!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #9

I wish mine was lifted about 3 inches higher. I come so close to dragging the drain off when I go in and out of the driveway.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #10

I wish I could get decent tires to go under it. No one makes a 13" that has a capacity that makes me comfortable.
Pitch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch1 View Post
I wish I could get decent tires to go under it. No one makes a 13" that has a capacity that makes me comfortable.
On my Hybrid 2010 EXP21M I can fit 15s on it and that might give me a wider range to choose from. It came with 14s so you might see if you can do the same.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #12

If I could change one thing I'd like a front window like this
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #13

Replace the empty beverage bottles.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Yes, just cap it off, test it for leaks and your safe. I pulled the electric down and put a new box in behind the wave for power.
When you look at the wave you see a large grille on top and the small or narrow one on the bottom, Well I switched them out to keep the wave as high as possible under my new cutting board. I shimmed it up about 2" from the base of the cabinet.
I should have done this mod over a year a go because it makes it so much easer to use and the extra counter top space is great. The top cabinet space is huge now. I found and old cabinet door at the local ReStore and removed the center panel and installed ribbed glass to match the glass on the other side of the trailer. Sanded and stained the door and got the same hinges at Lowes. Got the plungers to hold up the door at the RV store and you do need them on either side. If you need another pic. or 2 just let me know.
If you can't find the hinges just let me know because I have an RV store about 2 miles from my house and I think they were about $10.00, looked all over the place and they ended up being just down the street. I know the exact size you need!
Just showed my wife a pic of your handy work and she loves it. Wonder what that would do to my warranty? Might have to wait 2 years...
Old 11-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #15

No problems here with counter space and the X23B. That was the deciding factor over the X20E, according to the DW.

I wish our shower had a deeper tub like the older models have....
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Just showed my wife a pic of your handy work and she loves it. Wonder what that would do to my warranty? Might have to wait 2 years...
That relocation should have no effect on your warranty,you didn't alter the Equiptment in any way you just changed it's location. That micro wave is cheap to replace anyway and what your giving up is more storege space( double in most cases at least) plus almost 5extra sq. ft.of counter top space, that's work space were talking about here. I've spent more $$ on 1 dinner for 4 that what that micro is worth. You have nothing to loose and so much to gain from this switch. You can't use 3 burners at the same time anyway, when we need to cook inside I just place my portable butane stove in its place and were good. No more food prep on the kitchen table either.
When you slip that micro wave out and look at all extra storege space you won't believe it. There's only 4-5 screws in front holding it in, just pull it out and see what you think.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #17

I have an X17z, I would add a dual sink.

There's a few other things I would change too; more cargo capacity, more storage, more counter space, thermostat on AC etc.
gaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #18

Would have a walk in shower,no tub
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #19

No tub, shower only.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #20

More kitchen counter space.. (+1 No tub, shower only...)

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote