Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-25-2015, 02:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
On our previous trailer I sprayed silicon in the window tracks. Tried that on the X20E and it helped a little, but yea, the window on the slide has always been hard, even after 3 seasons.
Thanks Doc, I'll try that. My wife is really annoyed with it. Me, I could care less, LOL

Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #12

Once again everyone thanks for all the comments, seems we all have some common concerns and or issues but you seem to like your X20 E 's so I'll keep looking.

Alex19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #13

Does anyone wish they had a larger awning on the x20e? We like this model but it's a concern along with the lack of counter space. It seems like a 12' awning would fit on the camper. We currently have a popup (Fleetwood Utah). Thanks!
RFryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFryer View Post
Does anyone wish they had a larger awning on the x20e? We like this model but it's a concern along with the lack of counter space. It seems like a 12' awning would fit on the camper. We currently have a popup (Fleetwood Utah). Thanks!
For sure I'd like a wider Awning, at least enough to cover the Gas Stove that hangs off the side. Not sure why they wouldn't have made that an option, Oh well, I still love the X20E, I just don't use the gas side stove to cook in the rain

Old 07-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #15

Our x20e awning is about 10 feet wide. I'm guessing it wasn't extended to cover the grill attachment area because of safety/aesthetic concerns of having the material over a heat source. It can't be extended toward the front because there is no place to anchor it. We usually have 2 of us camping, so the space cooled by the awning is just fine for us. I can understand how it wouldn't be sufficient for a larger group. However, it appears that to make the awning wider would mean making the trailer longer.
John K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #16

It sounds like it could be extended to the rear though by 1-2' then though it may not be ideal with the grill under it, correct? I'm only familiar with bag awnings on popups so maybe that's not easily done. We were looking at a unit that doesn't include an awning so it would be a convenient time to install a larger one. We would use a separate camp kitchen anyways that could be moved if needed for the grill/stove.
RFryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:17 PM   #17

Width of the awning was a small concern when we bought it but we've found that it's really not a big deal after all.

Regarding lack of counter space, we cook outside and/or use the microwave to cook. So we bought one of these: Stove Top Cutting Board. It works great for our needs.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:22 PM   #18

Maybe this photo will help to visualize what I'm talking about. You can see the place for the grill near the lower left (there's a horizontal bar that the grill attaches to. You can see the support arms for the awning. If the awning were extended to the left a few feet, it would be over the grill. If the grill were lit, its heat and fumes might damage the underside of the awning. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer-awning.jpg  
John K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFryer View Post
It sounds like it could be extended to the rear though by 1-2' then though it may not be ideal with the grill under it, correct? I'm only familiar with bag awnings on popups so maybe that's not easily done. We were looking at a unit that doesn't include an awning so it would be a convenient time to install a larger one. We would use a separate camp kitchen anyways that could be moved if needed for the grill/stove.
I had my dealership exchange the grill for the two Burner gas stove that hangs off the side instead. I would never want a BBQ that could flame up that close to the trailer. I have a separate BBQ that sits on the Picnic Tables when Camping. Much safer