Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #11
Originally Posted by mhd31971 View Post

Have you done your 'camper trials' yet? We have been out twice to test things out before our longer camping trips over the summer.
Not yet. Unfortunately we won't be able to do anything this weekend, but we are planning on taking it to the local state park, which is only about 15 miles away from us (Monte Sano State Park in Alabama). That should be a good first test. The following weekend we're planning to take it to a reservoir lake with my in-laws (they have a boat). We'll see what we run into.

The only thing I've found thus far just playing with it is that the awning arms bind a bit when putting the awning up. I think maybe the arms aren't mounted completely square to the roof attachment point. Loosening the set screws on the awning rail ad cinching them back down is all it will take.

geoffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
We are picking up our x18d tomorrow. I would also be interested in what solutions you come up with for the screen room.

mudmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
That is nice! Sure is nice you can pull into a double parking space!
2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #14
We just did our first camp in this new camper over the weekend! Only a single day at our local state park, but it worked out great. We decided though that we're going to have to pony up and buy a tote tank for the gray/black water tanks for our upcoming trip to Holland SP in Michigan (electric hookup site only). According to the gauge we were nearly full on our grey water tank, but that may be because the site wasn't very level...

which brings me to another thing... leveling! I'm going to have to cut up some boards to put under the wheels....and replace the chocks that I left behind at the campsite. D'oh!

Overall we're very pleased with the camper. We just loaded up all the stuff we had from our old pop ups in totes and carried everything with us to the camp. We were able to find a place to put everything, and still had loads of storage space left! Awesome.
geoffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #15
Nice we have the 23b hybrid and have enjoyed it!

2010 Jayco 23 B
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote