Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Hybrids
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #1

Just noticed soft spot on floor just inside door X17z 2013

Just got back from our 2nd trip out with our tt. After parking in the driveway, opened the door to begin unloading and noticed a soft spot just inside the door on the floor in the small area between the door and cabinet. Was quite sure it wasn't there before we left as it is where i usually set the small round bubble level to check for level and would have noticed it. Doesn't seem to be water damage, did not rain and no sign of water damage inside cabinets. Also can feel what feels like a wire or something under the flooring in this area. This maybe in the area where the step might mount to the floor. Checked underneath and could not notice anything unusual.
BeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #2

I have a similar issue with my 2013 x23b. After researching the issue I have, there is inadequate support under the floor. The floor separates at the seams causing a weak spot. They did not put supports under the seams (doesnt make sense why they didnt). Mine has progressively been getting worse and the trailer is almost unusable at this point. Tried to contact Jayco but they have not responded with whether they would take care of the issue or not. This seems to be a common issue with Jayco HTTs.

I don't know if this is what is happening to yours, but may help identify whether or not this is the issue.
weekendwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
I have a similar issue with my 2013 x23b. After researching the issue I have, there is inadequate support under the floor. The floor separates at the seams causing a weak spot. They did not put supports under the seams (doesnt make sense why they didnt). Mine has progressively been getting worse and the trailer is almost unusable at this point. Tried to contact Jayco but they have not responded with whether they would take care of the issue or not. This seems to be a common issue with Jayco HTTs.

I don't know if this is what is happening to yours, but may help identify whether or not this is the issue.
I have a 2011 X23B and seem to have a couple of soft spots. Thought it was my imagination, but your point about inadequate support makes me wonder. My biggest issue is water leaks on the ends; front when it's open, back end when it's closed. Go figure!
CRMH is offline   Reply With Quote