Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2016, 03:01 PM   #21

If your local dealer is a good dealer, with a great reputation and service department, it would be worth the $1k difference to me to have access to them for warranty work should it be required.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:35 PM   #22

X2 on the dealer access advice.. That $1000.00 difference is NOTHING compared to the nightmares that could happen.. Take it from someone who's in the middle of a nightmare right now
Leo801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:16 AM   #23

So.............

We went with a 23F.

Picked it up this past weekend from CampingWorld in Kingston NY, it was a 3 hour trip one way but they had the interior color we wanted. We have a CampingWorld less than an hour from us in NJ as well but they don't sell Jaycos. But they will service them as well as do any required warranty work. So that's good. Price was excellent I think (18,900 out the door, options were electric jack, wheels, 32" tv). Matched the quote from RV Direct. Very very happy!

Towed it home with a 1500 GMC Sierra. We are looking for an older truck to use as a TV, as this is a bit heavier than the 23B (23B was 4309 dry, this one is 4496). Our TV is rated for 5000 so we would be at max capacity easily with an empty camper and some gear, wife, and 2 kids in the car.

We are very excited to get out and use it!
twoballscrewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #24

Double (Triple?) post.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #25

Double post.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:08 AM   #26

We bought a used 23 B and we love it. When we purchased it the dealer said the roof was fine because they had "tested" it with a pressure washer. We didn't know anything about campers so we figured this was correct - it wasn't. The roof had a terrible leak in it and we had to get a new roof installed.

Other than the roof issue we love our hybrid!
jjsgonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #27

Roof

I am sorry to hear that, we were told the same thing, but from many others here on this forum, we looked inside and out for any signs of water or repaired damage, did you not see anything on the inside that hinted that ? We have yet to bring it home I expect we will in the next couple of weeks, they were kind enough to let us store it right now. Once I get it home I will go up on top and look for ware and act accordingly.

We cannot wait to get it home and load it up with all camping stuff now that we have kitchen and tons of cabinets. Stay tuned....
geostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:38 AM   #28

Two of the roof panels on the inside of the camper had been replaced. It was easy to see and I questioned the dealer about it. I was told there was a small leak but everything had been fixed. I had absolutely no idea what I was talking about so I asked how they knew it was fixed and I was told they used a pressure washer on the roof and it didn't leak.

It was an expensive lesson to learn.

It's been a great camper though (and it's paid off)!!
jjsgonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:01 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoballscrewball View Post
So.............

We went with a 23F.

Congratz! And getting a truck is the right move! I tow my X23B and with the kids, gear, and everything else, my Dodge Ram handles it like a charm, but I was worried about your original post with your TV. You'll be happier with some more weight wiggle room with a truck. I'd rather be way under my max weight in a TV then riding the edge, that's just wear and tear anyone doesn't want to have to worry about.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #30

Picked up a nice condition 2003 Silverado Stepside Extended Cab last week. So the Santa Fe is back to being strictly the grocery-getter and kid transporter