I did pull an additional wire. It took a bit of work, I actually pulled the base (I guess that might be what it is called) from the cabinets next to it so I could pull the wires. It took a couple hours but well worth it. I thought about tying into the power feed for the stereo.
Dagwood, the panel just popped out with some careful persuasion. Aka I used a hammer and lightly tapped on the panel going around the edges a few times. There are a lot of staples hold everything together, no glue. Once it started coming out it was fairly easy to get it out without damaging anything. My plan was to do the work in such a way that if I did not like it, I could put it back together like original.
Here is a picture of the cabinet that I pulled the base out so I could route additional wires.