Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #11
We had a wonderful time. Slept comfortably using the furnace. Definitely will extend my camping seasons. So nice to have a bathroom and hot water. That cup of coffee sitting in the warm trailer that first morning with my mom and the dogs was priceless. Can't wait until the next trip Father's Day weekend down to Waffle Farms.

Tokensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post

Sounds like you had the same "de-winterizing" experience I had. Yes, the good folks here came to my rescue, too. It was pretty cold @ Mitchell SP three weeks ago during the maiden voyage with my Eagle. But stayed toasty warm inside, and everything turned out great. Fortunately, this time of year, there aren't 10 trailers in line behind you while you're trying to back your new trailer into it's first campsite. I find that's when I forget things and start making mistakes. So just take your time, and don't let anything rush you. You'll do just fine.

Do post some pics of your trip to Ft. Custer. I've been wanting to go there, as well.

Happy Camping!
Hi Brownie -

Unfortunately I didn't get pics. I did see when I made the reservations online that they have pics of the sites now. We like Fort Custer as the have some nice spots with nature separating sites providing some privacy. They also have sites that are great for groups such as the ones we had this weekend (sites 126 and 128).

I was disappointed that they cut down a lot of trees. Not sure why.

Have you been out to Indian Valley in Middleville? Thinking about checking them out in July.

Tokensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #13
Haven't been to Indian Valley, but have seen the sign from M-37. I've only camped at State Parks and State Rec. Areas so far - unless you count 2-1/2 weeks in my sister's driveway while redecorating her bathroom .

Lots of trees being cut down all over the state due to Emerald Ash Borer . . . even in the interstate rest areas. They were cutting down trees like crazy while I was at Mitchell last month. A lot of the trees died a year or two ago, so they're already dry enough to use as free fire wood. Was able to use some while staying at Sleepy Hollow last year. Unfortunately, it will take a long time before the replacements grow big enough to provide us with shade.

Hope you continue to enjoy your new rig. Happy Camping!

2013 Eagle 266RKS
2011 Ford F-150 w/3.5L Ecoboost & H.D. Tow Package
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote