Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #1

Memory Foam Mattress Topper

We plan to put a 3" memory foam mattress foam topper on the short queen beds in the pop-outs of our X19H. Have any of the rest of you done this? Can we put the pop-out UP for travel with the topper also there along with the mattress? Will it close? I know that I may need to slit the memory foam in the middle to create a crease like the mattress; but any other input would be appreciated.

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarrin View Post
We plan to put a 3" memory foam mattress foam topper on the short queen beds in the pop-outs of our X19H. Have any of the rest of you done this? Can we put the pop-out UP for travel with the topper also there along with the mattress? Will it close? I know that I may need to slit the memory foam in the middle to create a crease like the mattress; but any other input would be appreciated.
Did this with our 2008 19H and foam topper from Costco. You will have to remove the topper before closing the bunk end. I just rolled it and stored it on the dinette for travel.

I didn't otherwise modify the topper.

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
2012 F150 EcoBoost MaxTow (2022 F150 PowerBoost on order)
Reese 1200 WDH / Dual Cam Sway Control
dmward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #3

I have a 2" topper for my rear bunk as that's where I sleep. I roll it up and it slides in above the folded mattress on my x20e. Very handy storage and makes sleeping much better.

2016 Jayco x213
2012 Toyota Tundra
Mainenebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainenebula View Post
I have a 2" topper for my rear bunk as that's where I sleep. I roll it up and it slides in above the folded mattress on my x20e. Very handy storage and makes sleeping much better.
I certainly agree that having a topper will make for a better night's sleep and we expect to have two (one for each bunk; front and back). I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "sliding it above the folded mattress." Could you explain a little more? Thanks!

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarrin View Post
I certainly agree that having a topper will make for a better night's sleep and we expect to have two (one for each bunk; front and back). I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "sliding it above the folded mattress." Could you explain a little more? Thanks!
My mattress is stacked inside where the bunk closes. Our foam is rolled above the mattress and held in place with a strap.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote