Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2016, 08:57 PM   #21

The first place I contacted was Cunningham campers in Indiana. There's a man named Wes in the parts department he's very knowledgeable. But I think the person that help me the most was from a place in Plainwell Michigan from quality products Sales & service. I bought trailers from them all the time he's hands down one of the best techs I've ever dealt with his name is Dorian. I actually operate a rental agency in North Carolina so he has helped me with a lot of fixes before. We strictly rent Jaycos just because I can always rely on him to know that product in and out. I can't tell you how happy it makes me that I can pass on his assistance to you. But he's the one to really thank.
cocokay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:11 PM   #22

Yes, I'm extremely thankful. The timing of your thread was impeccable. We just picked up ours and it happened as we were parking the trailer at home for the first time. Now I can relax and enjoy it!

Take care.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocokay43 View Post
Hi all,
Not sure what I did wrong to my camper but I have a 2016 Jayco 17z with an electric tongue jack and cranked it off vehicle and a second later blew all 12v power to the camper. When I plug in everything works fine but without power everything is dead. No interior lights not even any power to the converter. I know it's either a fuse or a ground but there is no fuse on the hot lead of the battery. Not sure where to find the fuse. PS the fuse panel in the converter all fuses are fine. As I have read here there is a protection if you crank the tongue jack up too far but where is the fuse? Thanks.....very frustrated as this camper is maybe 10 days old.
We are going through exactly the same thing , same camper , same year !will share my info I come across !
RDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:01 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocokay43 View Post
i'm actually a woman, my name is kathy. Glad i was of help to you. The dealer also suggested that i put an additional fuse on the front battery so that if you blow the fuse again it'll blow it there instead of tucked under the seats.
👍👍
RDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:53 PM   #25

Thanks Kathy. Would love to see a picture of where you found that fuse. By loom do you mean the plastic sheath the wires run inside of? I have a 23XB and I can't wait to look for it in the morning. Thanks.
Gtori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:53 AM   #26

GTORI: sorry I did notsee the response... when I have a chance I'll go ahead and take a picture of it. Yours may be different however yours may be under a different seat. I would go cold Jayco warranty department or service department directly to Jayco in Indiana. They will tell you exactly where that fuse is inside your specific camper.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:45 PM   #27

Thanks for the response. I used your information and found it - easier than thought because of your post. Thanks much and all is good!
Gtori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:53 PM   #28

Great
Old 06-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #29

I have no 12VDC when not on shore power!

I too have the red covered CB thing on the front cross steel floor beam. 2-3 wires on each side of CB terminals. A lug on frame of CB allows mounting. If working OK, you should NOT measure 12VDC ACROSS CB terminals, etc. Should measure 12VDC across CB only if tripped (assuming you have 12VDC 'feeding' one side of the CB). OR read present 12DCV from ground (steel frame or battery neg) to either side of CB.

I prefer to measure ACROSS CB as it could indicate that the CB terminals are dirty or loose or burnt IF low DCV are measured but not 0 DCV.

My question is: What is the CB protecting?

ALSO: Why do I have NO 12VDC when not on shore hook-up? Converter works when on shore power. It seems the battery is not working 'with' the converter ... With no 120VAC, there is no 12VDC except straight off battery terminals. Little J uses a WFCO panel/converter. Fuses read OK. I have looked at the WFCO when removed from mounting hole, etc.

Suggestions needed.

I am seriously considering a complete Jayco Hbird electrical system upgrade.

I'll start a new thread on this topic.

Billy
GrievousAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #30

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
If you have 2 fuses on a line, the weaker one will blow first. So it is better to have one fuse at the front close to the battery. That way trouble shows in one spot.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:47 AM   #31

I just went through this hassle with my 2016 X17Z. After hours of troubleshooting, I finally found the 30A spade fuse holder in the most awful location possible; in the cubby hole behind the water heater. I understand the need for the fuse, but couldn't they find a better place to put it, or a different method? I could barely get to it to pull the fuse. I ended up pulling some slack from under the trailer to move the holder up to a little better location. Now that I know that it is there and how to get to it, I won't have to go through this again. Why did it blow? In December I dropped the unit off at a friend's house for him to put away for the winter after he moved his 5'er out of his garage to go south. Probably one of two things happened, although he never mentioned having trouble. Either he ran the jack to a stop and stalled the motor, or a bitter cold day in Ohio caused the jack motor to pull more current than normal.
rgeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #32

Wiring Diagram of 2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17RK Needed

Wiring Diagram of 2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17RK Needed.

Need to trouble shoot my Hummingbird.

I have no 12VDC when NOT on shore power! It appears that the converter is not maintaining my deep cycle battery.

Is the two terminal unit with the red boot a 12VDC CB? One or two CB'ers? Is this the 12VDC main feed protection? Does it reset or requires replacing if faulty?

Procedure for checking out the WFCO electrical panel and converter available?

Is it wise to upgrade to a higher amp converter/charger? Will charger handle all batteries except gel?

Advice please. Thx.
Statesboro, GA 30458
GrievousAngel is offline   Reply With Quote