Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #1

New Jayco X18D...questions on connecting TV

Hello All,
I am new to this site and looking at getting some information on our new camper. We purchased the Jayco Jay Feather Lite X18D expandable camper. We had tp purchase a TV because it didn't come with one but now we are wondering how to hook it up and use the DVD player that comes with the camper. it has iRV iRV6500BT. there really isn't instructions on how to hook it up. The TV is on top of the freig on one side of the camper and the IRV system is on the other side. Does anyone know how to hook this up so I can get the DVD player to work.
Thanks for the help!
lolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:15 AM   #2

Either the DVD player has "exposed" RCA type jacks or an HDMI connector that will need to connect to one of the the Television's input connections (most Televisions today have several), or, this DVD was perhaps already pre-wired into the wall, and the connections from it to where ever the television mount location would be found.

Did your X18D have a "pre-determined" Television mounting location? In some cases, the factory placed a wall or ceiling mount plate with antenna/cable/DVD connections that are pre-wired.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:07 AM   #3

The wires for connecting the TV to the IRV system on my 2014 x18d are/were located next to the TV area (on top of fridge) essentially coming out of a hole next to the microwave.

I hate the IRV system and have since installed a regular DVD player on the shelf with the TV. My biggest complaint is that you cannot play a DVD on the IRV system and have the sound come out of the TV. I hate having my kids TV (spongebob or My little pony) playing out the speakers on the trailer.

Alicia and Glenn
Hartford (area), CT
2012 Nissan Pathfinder (V6)
2014 X18D
gvn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:57 PM   #4

I did the same thing. I bought an x18d without the tv pkg and added a tv afterwards. I removed the IRV radio and found the std av cables were installed but not hooked up to the radio. They run over the TV location above the refrig and are located behind the small section beside the microwave. However, there is no hole or mount plate for the wires since the trailer was ordered without the tv pkg. The dealer will take care of this for you for a fee. If you feel ambitious you have to remove the microwave, find the cables, drill a hole and then you can pull the cables through and connect to the tv You also have to remove the radio and connect the cable to the back of the radio then reinstall the radio and the microwave.
I decided against doing this and have a HD DVD and media player that I connect directly to the tv and they sit on the shelf beside the tv. We stuck some Velcro strips to them so they do not move when travelling. We only use them on rainy days for the kids and sometimes for a little downtime before bedtime. The volume on the tv is more then loud enough for the size of the trailer. We found no need to use the trailer speakers with the tv.