Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #21

jstor1-- -- With that TV & TT combo your good to go Happy Camping. Larry
Old 10-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #22

jstor

We have a 2011 19H Select,we love the layout,found it to be plenty of space and the extra features such as electric awning,LCD with DVD, full stove ,power bath vent etc..... make the camping experience that more enjoyable. we also tow with an Explorer,although it being an Eddie Bauer with V8, and found it to very capable in the tow department. Sway bar for sure, as well as distribution bars. We moved up from a 17 ft hybrid and the 2ft have made all the difference.Having owned hybrids for 12 years now I think you will love the experience.
Alex19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #23

Sierra deal didn't happen, still looking, dealer was supposed to move truck to their lot close to our route for our camping trip, didn't happen, didn't want to lose camping time, their loss. BTW, Ft DeSoto is awesome for camping directly on the water in St Pete FL
jstor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #24

If I could add my 2 cents about bikes, the bumper on these Jaycos are not made for a rack of any kind. We have a cap on our truck, so we put a kids bike in back and put 2 adult bikes in the camper with blankets so they don't scratch anything and they have not fallen over in route, or you could lay them down. Be careful with your electric awning not to roll it out too far, it will go back in backwards and I hear it's not a little fix. You will be glad you went with Jayco vs. Rockwood Roo. We found in shopping that Rockwood has a terrible tent end attachment that's with GLUE! fully exposed with a rain gutter around edge to puddle up water and collect all around your tent end. Don't know what they were thinking with that?? Good luck with your truck search. I am sure you will find one soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstor1 View Post
Sierra deal didn't happen, still looking, dealer was supposed to move truck to their lot close to our route for our camping trip, didn't happen, didn't want to lose camping time, their loss. BTW, Ft DeSoto is awesome for camping directly on the water in St Pete FL
Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #25

We've had the 19h since 2007 and love it. It's usually just my wife and I, but we've had as many as 6 adults camping in it for a week and were able to make due. We tow it with a Toyota FJ Cruiser and have towed it across the country, through the Rockies and never had a problem. We have ample storage especially after coming from a tent trailer, where we were accustomed to very little storage. We've made a few changes (added extra shelves, drawers and pop-up gizmos and can easily say the pop-up gizmos should come as standard issue with every hybrid. The only complaint we had, when we first purchased our hybrid was the condensation in the trailer, but after installing the pop-up gizmos, there's been absolutely no problem with condensation. Good luck with whatever choice you make.
tnka trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #26

2010 F150 with a 5.4 liter and tow package in the driveway, now time to get the hybrid
jstor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #27

We love our X18D. I looked at the 17, 19h and 18D. THey were all nice but I wanted the tandem axles to stablize the trailer during hauling, so that rulled out the 17. Next thing was that we have three kids and they like to bring friends so the 18D was the easy decision. We now have three beds plus the dinnete and alot of floor space for sleeping bags if we ever need it. In the end the biggest thing we use the camper for is sleeping so the extra bed became a must.
gcatrambone is offline   Reply With Quote