Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #11
Lots of room to store stuff, almost to much room at times. The only cabinets that are a mess are the ones over the sofa and kitchen cabinets. We have a series of small baskets. For example one holds all the spices and drink mixes. There is one under the bathroom sink to hold little toiletries. Have a larger one in a wardrobe closet to hold larger games and toys. We have a few computer paper box lids in the cargo hold to hold misc stuff. When the lid dies, I just replace it. We have a few square plastic ice-cream containers in the cargo hold to secure other misc items. Surprisingly things do not move around to much. When you get to your destination ALWAYS remember to open any door slowly and expect something to want to fall down.

Look at my signature line and click on a few links, to see what I have done. But I modified the entire dinette, to add a storage cabinet to the dead space along the front wall. All we store there is bedding. Pillows get shoved while traveling in the little overhead compartment above the entrance to the rear bed. Laundry basket in the shower for dirty cloths, we take showers at the CG bath house. I removed the panel under the sofa, re arranged the wires and ducting so we store our footwear there. The chairs go in the dinette cabinets just to the right of the door, with a few other outdoor items. Kitchen items that are always out, go in the sink. Anything that goes in the overhead cabinets that do not have doors need to have a pillow or a blanket shoved in to keep it in place while traveling, or it will be on the floor.

When traveling with additional items that do not have homes, I place them ether under the dinette table (placed in the traveling position) or along the back wall, in front of the fuse box. So far have not had any issues with things moving to much

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #12
We camp in a 23b with 4 kids. All sleeping bags go in one of the tall cabinets. Flashlights, fans, utility stuff go in all the other cabinets. We stock the fridge before we leave. Also stock the cabinets with our camp clothes. The dinette stays in the down position, and we place the zero-gravity chairs on top of it, as well as a portable wagon and pillows, blankets that we might bring along. All other folding chairs, as well as our outdoor mat, go under the folded dinette table. We never run out of storage space, and have never had issues with items shifting too much out of place.

kvangil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #13
We have a bunkhouse (for guests), but lawn chairs fit there perfectly and it is great for extra storage. In the next week or two, we'll be experimenting with how to most effectively transport our waste tote (cuz it AIN'T going in the TT) ~ see other posts on THIS issue.
"I just go where I'm towed to"

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71/4x4 Duramax
Son's 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 + gifted 1984 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #14
Originally Posted by charles_cincy View Post
. Also, planning on having a decent size cooler for just drinks.
After my maiden voyage one of the first things I did was find out where I wanted my big cooler to be and put a pvc pipe sleeve through the floor and a hose from the cooler drain. The cooler is quite large and moveing it to drain the water was a PIA. I can post pics if anyone likes. I put a 3/4" pvc ball valve as well.
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #15
We have an X20E, smaller version of the 23B and certainly less storage. We travel with the dinette down and cushions in position as if we were using it for a bed. Pillows, blankets, and sleeping bag go on the couch. Folding chairs, folding table, and a few other outside items lay right on the cushions for the dinette. We did the same thing with our old Kiwi 17a. In many thousands of miles of travel we have never ended up with anything on the floor or tossed about.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote