Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #11
This may help you
Go on youtube and paste the following in the search window

How Does My RV Automatic Propane (LP) Changeover/Selector Valve Work?

2004 Jay Feather 25E
2001 Ford Expedition 4X4 EB 5.4 3.55 rear
2004 Ford Expedition 4X4 EB 5.4 3.73 rear
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #12
The ball latch usually pulls up a bit and then you will be able to move it forward. It will latch in place until you raise it up and allow it to move back to a lockdown positionYou can tell when latched, for the holes in latch and hitch will line up. May I suggest a lock to lock this in place. Always cross your safety chains, and hook them to veh frame. Hitches have been known to pop off and allow t/t to drop down (hopefully on crossed chains) and this will allow you to come to some type stop. Also, lock it in place when unhooked, this may slow down theft. Calm down, its just a matter of time and you will be giving others advise.

arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 AM   #13
I'm not familiar with your trail, but all the trailers I am familiar with, when you pull up the lever to hitch or unhitch, you slide it back toward the trailer.
Then it will stay up for you to hook up.
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:22 PM   #14
You got some great answers, no need for me to repeat anything, but I will add to the answers for #4.

Most RVs today can take pressures up to 60 PSI. However, better safe than sorry, 45-50 PSI is plenty sufficient for use in the trailer. Buy one of these, only a few dollars and they last many years. I won't hook up a city connection without it.
2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #15
As to the battery, remove it when the travel trailer is in storage, and place it on your bench (?) in the garage or other storage area, and connect it to a trickle charger. Trickle chargers can be bought at any automotive parts store, Walmart, or other comperable store. The trickle charger will keep the battery charged and ready for your next camping trip, plus extend the life of the battery.

Also by removing the battery while in storage, it eliminates the potential for theft.

As already mentioned, put a dab of white grease on the ball of your hitch to help the coupler drop down onto it easily, as well as pull off when disconnecting from your tow vehicle.

Check with your local MOPAR parts department at the dealership you purchased your Grand Cherokee from; they might sell them, but a quick search on Google shows only "slip ons" available for your existing stock mirrors.

You may want to purchase a screw on water filter/pressure regulator available at any RV dealership, or again at Walmart (automotive/RV section). While most campgrounds use city water, some have stated the water was "hard" or smelly. These filters can help.
2015 Jayco Jay Featherlight SLX16XRB (TT)
2007 Ford F150 Tow Vehicle (TV)
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:13 PM   #16
And, if someone is behind your trailer, no need to worry about hitting them changing
lanes, they are behind you

But, towing mirrors do help a lot.

You didn't ask about backing up which is a skill all in itself, but hopefully you've got some experience. I find having my DW either guide or drive is very helpful as I'm only into my TT a handful of trips so far and not being able to see back there is worrysome, so I use a spotter. I don't care if I look like a newbie, rather not hit anything! A lot of of the spots I've been into are a bit tight.

New to me 27BH towed by 4.6 Tundra
Dirkdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote