Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #21

Very nice, that gives me some ideas. Thanks

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #22

Folks, check it out. I was able to get the shelf assembly that is used for the outdoor grill that fits that rail on the outside of the camper.
This assembly called a Hanger Arm Assembly includes all the hardware to to mount to that rail on the camper. The matching rail, and the collapsible arms, and nuts and bolts etc. All I'll have to do is to get a wood or plastic table top to mount to the arms, and I am done!
Here is the phone number I called to get it. It's a company called Flemming Sales, Outdoors Unlimited. I got their number from Jayco. 888-226-9850

From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #23

When we bought our pup from Fleetwood, they offered a grill or outdoor cooktop that connects to the outdoor propane line. You could check with some camping stores or catalogs.
2007 Fleetwood Williamsburg
2001 Honda Odyssey
jerseycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #24

I think the lawyer's were away when the popup mfgs started to mount the indoor / outdoor gas stoves right on the factory installed rail with only about 2" of clearence between the stove and alum / canvas side of the popup so I guess I wouldn't worry unless you're a lawyer. Larry
Old 08-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillbearCamper View Post
It is around 40-50 lbs. I just fold it up and put it in the trailer. It is defintely bigger than colemans, but it can cook a lot. This weekend, I made breakfast on it. I had a bunch of peameal on the griddle, put the beans in a small pan on the corner of the griddle and then I used the other burner to make omelettes. At night, I flipped over the griddle (from the flat side) to the grilling side and I made steaks, grilled zucchini and grilled tomatoes. I like cooking steaks over the fire too, but a lot of times it is really tough to control the heat in the camp fire to get a good sear and then slow down the cooking when you just need to finish the steaks. I can also put all the stuff I need on the fold down trays (S&P, paper towels, spatulas, plates, etc.). Overall, I really like what I can do with it and the weight issue only comes into play twice each trip - taking it out and packing it up.

KillbearCamper
I too have one of these Camp Chef stoves I bought about 15-20 years ago and it's still going strong. The thing is like a tank but it's very versatile. Between this and my little gas grill, there's not much I can't make cooking wise.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #26

side mount table instead of grill

I am a few years late to seeing this post - but this is exactly what I would like to do...the link no longer works - can you repost the link, I'd like to see the table and where you got it.

thanks

[QUOTE=xkuzme1;88445]There is a table that I bought a couple of years ago that I love. It is card table sized and it folds together smaller than a bag chair.

Or

http://www.campchef.com/outdoor-camp...ith-grill.html

I bought one of these for $210. It works very well.

X[/QUOte
Toddcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #27

Google Camp Chef Stoves - you'll get lots of links where they sell them.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #28

My setup is usually the COLEMAN ROAD TRIP at a right angle then a folding table up against the POPUP trailer - then my door steps - then another folding table on the other side of the door. Great working area up close to the POPUP and all under the awning.

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #29

[ATTACH][/ATTACH] here you go, this is the stove from our 2012 1007 pop up mounted on the rail of our 23fb where the barbeque grill would normally attach. worked great !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckworkb View Post
My camper has the connection for the propane grill and the rail to mount it to, but I would never use that grill, that so I didn't get it.
But I would like to see if I can find a stove, like a pop up stove that I can attach to that rail, or a little work table to put stuff on.

Has anyone done anything like this?
Old 10-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #30

[ATTACH][/ATTACH] and here is our pop up set up
Old 11-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #31

I did just what you were saying. When we bought our camper from Bob Ledford's Campers in Greer, SC (yeah ok, a small plug for the great things they did for us)-- They threw in a grill bracket probably with the hopes we bought the grill. We never did since we had a Coleman Roadtrip classic. Once home, I took a piece of old laminate counter with the backsplash and mounted it to the brackets with conduit brackets squeezed to a tight fit. This allows me to slide the counter outward so I can tip the bracket up and mount on the side rail. I then push the counter against the wall and use it as a counter or plug in and set my Weber Q 100 on it (The Coleman wasn't for me)
Joe

1983 Jayco 1006 Pop-up (antique status :hihi:)
2006 Jayco Jay Feather EXP Baja25k
2001 Sundowner 40' Horse Trailer
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew DRW 4x4
vaskohop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #32

Yes, I recently purchased a small table that hooks to TT side where the grill attachment is. Bought it for $50. They usually come with a pop-up camper. I bought mine at a WA RV Dealer just south of Olympia. I no longer have the paperwork on it.

I used it for a month in Corpus Christi, TX. The "wood" particle board table warped after being in the weather every day. I am replacing the particle board with a better wood.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #33

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckworkb View Post
My camper has the connection for the propane grill and the rail to mount it to, but I would never use that grill, that so I didn't get it.
But I would like to see if I can find a stove, like a pop up stove that I can attach to that rail, or a little work table to put stuff on.

Has anyone done anything like this?
my camper came with the out door stove it has 2 burners,,the stove works great.
steve76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #34

Just as an fyi popup mfg's have been making stoves to go on the outside rail for years. The RVQ II grill is supported by bracket that brings the grill out about a foot from the tt. Larry
Old 11-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkuzme1 View Post
Maybe it me, but I am just not interested in attaching something that gets that hot to and you purposefully set on fire to the side of my camper.

X
Same same! I'm sure it's fine, but ugh, can't get past that "what if" lol
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #36

Does anybody have experience with the Camco 57305 Olympian 5500 Stainless Steel Portable Grill. We would like an outdoor grill for our x17z. My big question is ...Will it mount to the existing rail on the TT.
Thanks for your comments.
Harry
Ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #37

Wal Mart and camping world sell a folding camping table that is perfect for grilling. I do not grill under my awning or on the side of my camper for safety reasons and because I don't want grease in my awning. You can buy an extension hose for the gas and setup outside the awning.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote