Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2015, 06:38 AM   #11
If I were you I would build a big wood block about a foot high to rest your tongue jack on. Use 2X4 or 4X4 and make it a cube built Jenga style. It will be heavy but you won't have to lug it around since this incline is only at your home.

I would also invest in a pair of X-Chocks. Not only will they help reduce wiggle in your trailer but they are also great insurance that the trailer WILL NOT roll away since the axles are locked. Keep in mind that conventional wedge chocks are always required, and the X-Chock is a secondary measure. Sure gives me peace of mind when parked on a slope.

2013 F-150 EcoBoost MaxTow
2013 Jay Flight 28BHS Elite

"My wheel lugs require more torque than your Honda makes!"
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:57 AM   #12
Originally Posted by SomersIsles View Post
Ok! Gonna practice towing and backing up tomorrow so that'll give me an opportunity to get it on the TV and then I can get some meatier blocks underneath it.

So if I get some more substantial blocks under the jack (so I don't have to extend the jack so high) then I don't have to be concerned with any forward pressure/weight? It's not straining at the wheels or anything like that?

Just make sure the footprint of the blocks is big enough. I'd be hesitant to raise it too high on a 6"-8" footprint. Pyramid the blocks. Walking around in the trailer will rock it back and forth and a wider footprint, in my opinion, is safer. As far as the TT pressing forward, I wouldn't worry too much as long as the chocks are durable enough to hold it back.

2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2012 Ford F250 6.2L 4x4 CCSB W/Air Lift air bags
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
2002 Coleman Bayside Elite (traded)
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:43 AM   #13
At our old place we parked on an incline, not quite as bad as you have it. I was in a hurry one day, had picked up the HTT from the dealer over lunch and brought it home. Unhooked, did not use my oversized piece of plywood under the tongue blocks, nor chocked the wheels. Came home from work that evening and found the tongue jack buried into the asphalt. It was sitting for about 4 hours, no one was home going in and out of it. Since then I insist on a good front foot, chocks and a different version of X-Chocks. Our new place has the opposite issue, still have incline, but the tongue almost touches the ground. We have a concrete drive here, and I still put down my piece of plywood first.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #14
This is how I do mine. Built crib blocks out of cut 2 x 4's and then put jack stands on them. Keeps trailer level in my slanted driveway.It IS a hassle to hook up and unhook but it beats a monthly storage fee!
Attached Thumbnails

jerdog is offline   Reply With Quote