Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2015, 02:32 PM   #11
Originally Posted by giddyup View Post
Thanks for all your replies. I was hoping for an easy answer . . something neat that I could charge and take with me. Was not looking forward to lugging another battery with me and I had sort of liked the idea of the Duracell 600, which I don't think is being made anymore.

After reading the replies, however, I now think I need to hunker down and do some homework and will check out the help links above. If I do, however, run into the magic bullet that I had been hoping for, I will let you all know. Thanks.
I can't speak to batteries and/or the two Deep Cycle Batteries, but I used to camp with my ResMed C-Pap running off one of those Booster Packs used to jump start cars. I would get almost a full night off one but would then spend all of the next day recharging the Booster Pack via my Car Running or with a Solar Panel. The CPAP came with an adapter that had Alligator Clips for the Battery and then converted it for the C-Pap to run. After a while I decided to just use an inverter off the Booster Pack so I could have 120AC going to the CPAP. Eventually I gave up boondocking in favor of having power hookups so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I had too many nights waking up because the C-Pap would stop, the Booster Pack would start beeping because of low power or the C-Pap motor would ramp up, then slow down alternating.

Would love to get back to it (boondocking) but I'd need to have a generator handy so I could recharge during the day. Having the Adapter that uses Alligator clips for the Battery, Lighter Socket on the other end allows me to plug in my Inverter to which I plug in the AC cord of my current C-Pap if I were to go that route.

Wayne, Kim, Mallory & Abby the Dog
2013 - Jayco Jayfeather - X20E
2012 - Toyota Tacoma DBLCB Sr5 with towing package
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote

c-pad, powerpack, resmed, solar power