Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82corvette View Post
We just started our camping season!
Same here. it's finally going to be cool enough to enjoy going somewhere. I'm done with the brunt of my trailer projects and it's Hot Springs AR in about a month.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillywilly View Post
The repelant is a good idea, as I said i put some poison bags is mine.
If you put poison inside the trailer, the rodents have to go inside to get it. The poison can attract the rodents to your trailer. :lightning:

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #23

I took our 242 to the dealer for winterizing and winter storage. Their winterizing price is way too high but we thought we'd try them the first winter. Their charge for storage is $50 per month for outside secure parking. After they are done I'll go over and remove the battery for indoor storage and put out some dryer sheets. Is there a name for the rodent repellant? I agree about fall camping but too many other comittments and then its winter here.
llerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillywilly View Post
Well as the title says, we pulled the trailer to the dealer today for winter storage. They have a good deal for the first winter after you buy a trailer from them, they winterize it, and store it untill spring. Then they pull it out, wash it and flush the system and you are good to go for the next year. If there is problems with the unit or anything you would like done with it, they will do it over the winter months. The first year is only $159. You cant beat that.
That's not a bad price at all!

I won't be winterizing mine for about another month. Taking a five day trip starting Saturday. And will likely do at least one more weekend in October to winterize. Mine is at a campground stored, and they pull it to our site when we arrive, and return it when we leave. Very convenient in many ways.
CampingGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #25

I wonder what a dealer will do when they "winterize" a trailer for $150.

I just drained the water out of ours for the first time, bypassed and drained the water heater and ran some RV antifreeze through. Cost was $5 and time spent was maybe half an hour, for sure less than hooking it up and pulling the trailer to the dealer. What else does a dealer do?
2012x19h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #26

As I said before, they do the antifeeze thing in water lines, drain traps, pull battery, and store it on there fenced lot. Mine will be there for 7 months, so the price is a hell of a deal. These guys are a authorized jayco dealer, have been for many many years. They sell a boat load of new trailers each year, and own a large campground/ cottage area as well as a pro 18 hole golf course. They know what they are doing. Check out their website, www.fourseasonssales.com and read the About Us/history
chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote