Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #1

Replacing Graphics on Kiwi

Last year we bought a 2002 jayco kiwi. Some of the graphics were cracked and peeling on the front and rear of the trailer so using a heat gun and a plastic scraper I removed them. I don't like the combination of the red and gold so I am thinking about replacing all of the graphics with new colors. Has anyone done this to there trailer and how did it turn out?
sawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:58 AM   #2

The biggest pain in the @ss is removing them so you've all ready tackled the hardest part of the job. If you go to a custom graphic design shop they can give you any color you want especially with the new printed graphics however they will need a picture of the old graphics that they can upload into their graphic program to cut you new ones. I suggest take a few pics off the internet of all the graphics on the unit and give it to them that way the graphics will be exact then just tell them what color you want.Applying them will need a second set of hands and eyes to make sure their straight. Some folks apply the graphics dry and work the air out but when their on their on.The other method is applying them with a a mist of soapy water on the surface so you can position them then work the water out then let them dry. talk to your local graphic shop and they will be able to better explain the process but applying them is no big deal just take your time.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #3

Thanks for the info Adk Camper, it sounds like you have done this before. I removed the graphics from a cargo trailer many years ago and your right the hard part is removing the old ones. I didn't put any graphics back on that trailer so the install part will be new to me. I have taken pictures straight on and emailed them to the graphics shop so they can make new graphics that will cover the shadows left behind from the old graphics. I will choose colors to go with my tow vehicle.
sawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
Thanks for the info Adk Camper, it sounds like you have done this before. I removed the graphics from a cargo trailer many years ago and your right the hard part is removing the old ones. I didn't put any graphics back on that trailer so the install part will be new to me. I have taken pictures straight on and emailed them to the graphics shop so they can make new graphics that will cover the shadows left behind from the old graphics. I will choose colors to go with my tow vehicle.
A friend of mine is a graphic designer and I've helped him and watched him use his graphic program up to and including the machine cutting them. I've removed and applied new graphics on a few race cars and with the larger ones I prefer using the wet method.Small graphics are easy enough to apply dry. After you apply them if you have any air bubbles work the air to a head then with a pin make a SMALL relief hole and work the air out. I highly suggest waiting for a warm sunny day to apply your new graphics as the sun and the warmth help with the graphic set up and also helps with the process of working out the air bubbles.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote