Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2017, 09:33 PM   #1

RV gas quick connect not working now?

I have a Camp Chief 3 burner stove that we have used the last two years with our 2014 Jayco X23F. It has worked just fine using their RV Hose that you remove the regular from the stove and connect their cable into the quick connect on the outside under the camper. It has worked for two years and now it stopped? I've check the line to the stove and it's clear, check gas at the quick connect when you press the pin in the center of the quick connect on the RV you can hear the gas come out. I took the camper in for warranty work last fall and had the dealer look at it and they said they tested it and it was fine?

I even tried the stove directly by removing the RV hose and putting a standard regulator line to a 20 lb tank and it works. I just cannot get the two to work together again. Can the quick connect gas connect go bad? It seem to connect but is not allowing gas to flow out to the stove?

Seems like a simple thing but it's not working, any one had this problem or suggestions verse replacing the quick connect (female connector) on the RV?

This is the part I have used, even ordered a second to make sure it wasn't a bad male connector.

Just FYI the gas is fine on the fridge, stove and furnace all are working now, have not tried the water heater since the camper is still winterize.

https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-RV-...mp+chef+rv+gas
Old 03-22-2017, 10:32 PM   #2

I had a devil of a time finding the correct male fitting that would work. But if yours has been working and now won't, thats not the issue. Did you turn the valve on ? On mine there is a small lever you turn on or off right before the quick connect on the RV. Could also be some foreign matter in the QD, you may want to take a flashlight and check that out.

Good Luck..

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote