Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #1

Safe way to clean the tent material x17z

I noticed when I bought the TT that the tent screens had some mould on them. The dealership advised it should not mold.....but here everything will mold. I would like to clean them and not harm the material any Ideas.
jtcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #2

Not sure if you got an owners manual with yours but I just looked at the manual that came with my new 2012 X19H. Canvas maintenance starts on page 65. On page 66 it says for mild stains, dirt etc use mild liquid detergent and water using a sponge or soft cloth. It says for more stubborn stains the tent fabric OEM recommends: oxiclean, fantastick (must say it can be used on vinyl), star brite vinyl cleaner/shampoo #80216, Meguiar's 57 vinyl & rubber cleaner/conditioner #5716 and there are a couple more I don't have enough time to write (sorry but I'm off to drop the wife off at work)...
Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #3

Hi.. most dealers will carry a product that is good for mould .. So I would try that first, However on one of our previous trailers we used a mild solution that contained some javex.. but it was an older trailer and I was more concerned about the threat of the mould to our health, than I was about the effect of the javex on our trailer. It did remove the mould, and we eventually gave that trailer to others who still have it in perfect condition. The recipe was found online after searching on google under "tents.. and mould" etc. But as I said I am pretty sure you can buy sprays now that work well.
The other thing to try with the spray.. is a mister clean magic eraser sponge.. it has helped us remove many weird marks from our vinyl.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #4

Here are instructions from Jayco on cleaning tent ends. Doesn't specifically address mold, but could help.

http://blog.jayco.com/caring-for-you...-trailer-tent/
Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #5

thanks everyone
jtcrash is offline   Reply With Quote