Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-29-2016, 08:40 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&A View Post
Did this one fit in the factory installed holder?
It does.. I feel like it is overall a better fit than the Oxygenics one.
__________________

__________________
2017 Jayco Redhawk 29XK
2015 Wrangler JKU
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Avail Tow Bar & Protect-a-Tow
RViBrake2 w/TPMS
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Near Richmond, VA
Posts: 115
Do the replacement shower heads just screw onto the existing hose, or do they come with a new hose?
__________________

__________________
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X17Z
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
SteveMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMM View Post
Do the replacement shower heads just screw onto the existing hose, or do they come with a new hose?
The new heads screw onto the existing hose. I know my Camco one didn't include a new hose but not sure about the Oxygenics one. I did also order the new Camco hose which was a huge improvement over the stock hose that doesn't like to flex much.
__________________
2017 Jayco Redhawk 29XK
2015 Wrangler JKU
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Avail Tow Bar & Protect-a-Tow
RViBrake2 w/TPMS
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:20 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Near Richmond, VA
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk98 View Post
The new heads screw onto the existing hose. I know my Camco one didn't include a new hose but not sure about the Oxygenics one. I did also order the new Camco hose which was a huge improvement over the stock hose that doesn't like to flex much.
Got it. Thanks!
__________________
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X17Z
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
SteveMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:26 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 3,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk98 View Post
The new heads screw onto the existing hose. I know my Camco one didn't include a new hose but not sure about the Oxygenics one. I did also order the new Camco hose which was a huge improvement over the stock hose that doesn't like to flex much.
+1

You can find them to order that come with a hose, but I wanted a specific head and a specific hose that did not come together, so I ordered mine separate.

Really the instigator of my shower head replacement was that one of the end fittings on the hose cracked. So I figured that I wasn't going to replace the hose and keep that crappy OEM head on there.
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:24 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
ttavasc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
+1

You can find them to order that come with a hose, but I wanted a specific head and a specific hose that did not come together, so I ordered mine separate.

Really the instigator of my shower head replacement was that one of the end fittings on the hose cracked. So I figured that I wasn't going to replace the hose and keep that crappy OEM head on there.
Same thing happened to ours which was surprising because we hadn't used it very much. Replaced it with a Camco unit with shut-off at the shower head along with a more flexible hose. The new hose has metal fittings so that shouldn't happen again.
__________________
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition
TV: 2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, 8-spd, 3.21LSD, Factory Air Ride/Tow Pkg, Andersen WD/SC
ttavasc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:20 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wheatfield, New York
Posts: 127
I think all on/off switches for campers dribble. It's to make sure the water between the HW tank and you doesn't get cold while you're soaping up.

I have an Oxygenics and love it, dribble and all! That little dribble of water goes a long way toward keeping you wet while you're soaping up and uses very little water. You need the full spray only to get wet or for your final rinse cycle.

I dry camp so water is always an issue.
__________________

__________________
2009 Jayco 17C, 2015 F150, 2004 Ford Ranger
Isaacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.