Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #1

Some X23F Tricks I've learned

Just a couple quick little hacks I found while getting to know our X23F.

#1. The front gutter "downspout" drips water directly in front of the front storage door, as well as leaves a nice messy puddle right at the front end of the camper when the A/C is on, or when it's raining. I have hated this since the first time we ran the A/C.... I took about a 15' section of old garden hose with the ends cut off, slip one end over the little downspout at the end of the gutter and route the other end over the propane tanks and to the street side of the camper, boom, no more mess or getting dripped on when going into the front storage. Be sure to support the hose so it is not actually hanging on the little plastic downspout, does not seem very strong, I use a velcro strap to affix the hose to the curb side bunk latch for support. We never get any water down the rear side of the gutter, just the front. Trailer is level.

#2. Using the same butchered hose, I took the male threaded end and left about 6" of hose on it. You can connect this to the black water flush, and then take the shower head off of the outside shower, insert the end of the shower hose into the section of cut garden hose, and use the outdoor shower to flush/rinse the black tank. Beats having to run another hose, since I obviously don't like using my white water hose anywhere near that area. You can also use this at the dump stations that don't have an actual hose, but instead have just a metal end with a water jet, same deal, just shove the metal end into the garden hose.

#3. Slap some stick-on led lights inside the outdoor storage compartments. Just don't forget to turn them off.

#4. We built a hinged cover for our stove since there is literally about 8" of counter space in this trailer. With it down there's now another 2 feet or so of counter, great for a dish mat, etc.

#5. For whatever reason, when we hook the cable connection to the camper (at the rear), the signal is terrible. We now just snake the cable in through the corner of the front bunk near the hinge, and connect directly to the TV. Crystal clear every time. Our antenna seems to work fine, and yes, I turn off the booster when connected to outside cable. I think it's a wiring problem in my trailer.

#6. When dumping the black tank for the last time, I will dump it, then close it up and refill using both the toilet, as well as the hose from the shower with the head removed, and both the H and C valves open. High flow rate from the shower hose with no head on it, fills the tank very quickly, and you get a full clear water flush in about 5 minutes or so. You can clearly see in the toilet when the tank is full. I'll usually then leave the valve open, hook the outdoor shower up to the black fill as in #2 above, and let that run while we finish packing up.

That's all for now.
twoballscrewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #2

On the cable connection, you may need to move where your TV plugs in when you are using Cable. I have three jacks above my TV in my 23B. Usually the TV is plugged into the one with the booster, then there is a jumper on the other two. That is "antenna" mode.

When using cable, you unplug that jumper, and move the TV to the one at the far end. Crystal clear picture.
Retired - 1996 Coleman Cheyenne Pop-Up
RIP Chloe, a very good dog - 9/15/01-12/02/17

johnsoax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #3

You could just level a little high in the front and the water will run off the back. Just a little off level will do and you will never notice it.

David & Sandy Hinkle
2014 X23B
2007 Honda Ridgeline Traded
2016 F150 Max Tow, Tow mirrors
dhinkle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #4

I tried that. It has to be a couple degrees up to run out the back. Which I definitely notice. When it's level it runs out the front all the time even when it's raining is barely anything out the back so I think the gutter might be slightly off level or there's something stuck in it and I never noticed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
twoballscrewball is offline   Reply With Quote