Originally Posted by navymommy
How frustrating for you! We also bought a new X23F, and had a very frustrating beginning, and our maiden voyage was 5 weeks long.
Quick fix for the fridge issue, 'till it's really fixed - buy a $100 Coleman electric cooler. Comes with car plug in and wall plug also. We have 2 from our tent trailer days, took one on our trip as a spare, used it as the drink cooler outside. We love it. Won't hold as much as your 23f's fridge, but you don't need ice, if you have shore power.
Have a wonderful time - we love ours!
What an excellent idea, an awesome backup even after we have our issue fixed. Thanks for that
So was originally planning on just a one night trip this weekend, I'm doing as many local short trips as we can to get to know our new home away from home and so far it has proven to be an excellent idea.
But the weather today was much more pleasant that I oroginally expected, and I was eager to dig into a couple of the issues I thought I might be able to get done myself.
Ran home (15 minutes away lol) before lunch and hit up the wife's favorite department store to check off some of the little odds and ends that we have been making a list of as we realize we need them (a broom, key hooks, dedicated toiletries, some cookware, etc). Had lunch, picked up some more firewood, and got back to the trailer early in the afternoon.
First up was the TV antenna. I scrounged up about a 3' section of pre-terminated coax from the stash of cables in my closet (I'm an IT guy, I have an entire closet full of boxes of sorted cables, etc lol). Got the new section of cable fished through the antenna frame, then cut the broken section on the roof of the trailer with extra slack and attached a new connector to that end. Mated the two with a barrel connector and finished off the work with a USB-powered 20DB booster behind the TV. Pointed the antenna in my best guess of a good direction and performed my first auto-scan on the 32" Furrion.
30-something channels, this in the pine barrens surrounded by thick trees and 50 miles as the Jayco Eagle flies to Philly where most of them come from. Pleased.
Next up the **** LED awning lights. On my trip home I grabbed more tools for the camper toolbox, as well as a volt/ohm/amp meter also to be dedicated to the camper. Tested the leads for the LED lights right where they exit the trailer (accessible in the overhead cabinet over the couch). Nada. Zip-zero. But the light under the steps works, so the switch is getting power. I then turned my attention to the switch area. No easy way to open up the access to them without pulling stapled-in interior cabinet trim, so I pulled out the switch itself (double which controls the awning lights and interior overheads). Pulled the wire out a bit and found a vampire tapped fuse. On the end of that fuse was another vampire tap. Not connected to anything. Some creative maneuvering of my phone camera with LED light on showed me that there was an orange wire hanging inside this enclosure. I fished it out with a piece of j-hook bent wire and plugged it back together. And we have lights. Taped it up and called it good, put it all back together.
Feeling better. Really starting to settle into the new rig, and for all it's QC issues, we really, really still love it. The fridge really soured the experience, and that's not yet fixed, or even looked at, but today I feel much better than yesterday, so I got that going for me, which is nice
Thanks again everyone for letting a guy vent a bit.