Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #11
Originally Posted by 5swigerts View Post
FWIW - We went to an RV show with two other families in February, just to look at all the things we'd never sit in.

6 hours later, we had an Intent to Purchase an x18D.

We did not pick up until April, so I had two months of the aforementioned "sick to my stomach" remorse feeling. I spent those two months incessantly reading the Jayco forum.

We took delivery in April, sold our PUP, and have been on 8 outings this year, with a ninth and possible tenth set up for late October.

I got over the sick feeling the minute I slept in it in the driveway. One of the best memory makers our family has ever purchased!

Now get ready to dewinterize your TT, and ENJOY!!
You have no idea how much it means to me to hear I'm not the only one. Thank you. If my driveway and yard wasn't a big hill I'd be sleeping in it Saturday night.

LAMARQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:31 AM   #12
To date, we've been on 5 outings in this camper. My Ford F150 tows it with ease. We now head out to the college football games and stay overnight at a local campground close to the college (Go Gators!), and enjoy the fact that we no longer fight traffic to get home; we can relax for another day or so. We enjoy the looks and smiles from the supersize RV'ers that look over at us when we sit outside at night, enjoying a good BBQ. We have the setup and tear down to an easy science.
Some day we will "supersize" to one of those 5th wheel setups, but until then, we enjoy the simplicity of our hybrid.

2015 Jayco Jay Featherlight SLX16XRB (TT)
2007 Ford F150 Tow Vehicle (TV)
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:06 AM   #13
I have a F150 too. I started looking at next summer's calendar so I can plan my vacations.

LAMARQ is offline   Reply With Quote